Pharmacy Technician Sr
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60611
Pharmacy Technician Sr
Assists clinical pharmacists in the day to day operations of the department. Coordinates the work activities and training of pharmacy technicians and assists in their performance appraisals. Takes on and maintains responsibility for special projects under the guidance of the senior clinical pharmacists.Responsibilities
1. Coordinates the work activities and training of pharmacy technicians and assists in their performance appraisals. Evaluates and reports new technician performance to the senior clinical pharmacist in a timely manner.
2. Suggests policy and procedure changes to improve work flow of the area.
3. Takes on and maintains responsibility for special projects after discussing with the senior clinical pharmacist responsible for the area.
4. Solves staffing problems in case of unplanned absence. Serves as go to person for pharmacy technicians. Participates in peer evaluation and evaluation of other pharmacy employees.
5. Enters new orders under the direction of a pharmacist. Processes new prescriptions and refills. Puts cardexes in order and prints new profiles when necessary.
6. Prepares labels manually or by computer for oral doses, injectables and large volume parenterals when necessary.
7. Selects and prepares appropriate oral, topical and injectable medications for new medication orders, unit dose carts and outpatient prescriptions when applicable. Prepares cytotoxic agents when necessary.
8. Fills, exchanges and credits unit-dose carts upon authorization of a pharmacist. Notifies pharmacists of returned doses. Returns usable stock to inventory.
9. Stocks shelves and notes low stock items on stock reorder form. Prepacks bulk medication as needed. Inspects stock of assigned areas to ensure that medications are stored properly and are in date.
10. Maintains physical appearance of department. Screens telephone calls and effectively communicates telephone messages to co-workers.
11. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
1. High school diploma required. Completion of two years of college with at least one general mathematics course preferred.
2. Two (2) years of pharmacy technician experience required. Licensure or eligibility for licensure as Registered Pharmacy Technician in the State of Illinois required.
3. Must be able to follow instructions accurately and be capable of following well organized work routine.
4. Must be able to learn and master the procedures and techniques necessary to operate the unit dose system.
5. Must have good interpersonal and communication skills to function within a team and to interact with tact and courtesy with all hospital employees and customers. Must complete an annual validation of aseptic techniques including handling of multiple-dispensed sterile bulk products.
6. Must have good mathematical skills in order to perform calculations, make dilutions and maintain records.
7. Must be able to read, write and speak English. Must have computer data entry skills or ability to learn computer data entry.
8. Must have good manual dexterity. Must be able to differentiate colors. Must be able to lift at least 10 pounds.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.