Life & Waiver Examiner
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lombard, IL 60148
Dearborn – (HCSC Subsidiary)
Under supervision, this position is responsible for examining and processing claim types including life, waiver of premium, critical illness, accident insurance claims and other claim types for various policies. May perform a variety of related duties to discuss / resolve claim issues and provide customer service.job code, grade, salary plan, soc code
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree or 4 years of business experience.
- 2 years of claims experience, proficient in processing life and waiver of premium claims.
- Problem solving and research skills.
- PC proficiency to include Word and Excel.
- Math aptitude, critical thinking skills, and analytical skills.
- Customer Service experience.
- Organizational skills.
- Knowledge of state regulations, statutes and ERISA in reference to Life and waiver of premiums.
- Experience handling multiple tasks and making priorities.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the following: Correspondence, Medical Records Review, Misrepresentation Investigation, Pre-Existing Investigation, Evidence of Insurability Review, Benefit Entitlement Review, Financial Accuracy, ERISA Guidelines, MAR Requirements, State Regulations, Contract Language, Company Financial Liability.
- Experience in the following core systems: ECM, STAR (Claim System), Genelco/GIAS, Siebel, UTS, Casetrak, Docsql, Benefits Manager, and ImagePlus.
- Experience in processing any of the following two (2) claim types: Critical Illness/Specified Disease, Wellness benefit, Accidental Insurance, GAP, Permanent and Total Disability (PTD benefits, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Stand Alone Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefits, Permanent and Total Disability (PTD), and Accelerated Death Benefits.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- LOMA courses.
- Knowledge of state regulations, statutes, and ERISA in reference to A D & D insurance.
This position will be located in Lombard, IL or Richardson, TX.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Claims & Customer Service
Claims & Customer Service
- Full-Time Regular
- TX – Richardson, IL – Lombard
TX – Richardson, IL – Lombard
BCBSTX complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.