Digital Skills Instructor/Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
We have an exciting opportunity as a Part-Time Digital Skills Specialist.
Our Digital Skills Specialist need to be able to teach all walks of life for the working community. They need to have the skill set to teach step by step process of computer skills and be able to teach virtually and in person.
Goodwill’s Mission is supporting individuals and families looking to better their lives. Come be part of a team that imbodies our mission every day!
- Use of diverse in-person and virtual resources to help train clients in a variety of digital skills (ex. Computer basics, Word, Excel, G-Suite)
- Develop and lead instructional courses to help clients build essential digital skills
- Provide instruction using handouts, texts, audiovisual aids and other materials
- Contribute and collaborate with members of the team to meet program outcomes
- Supports employment staff in assigned Outreach/Recruitment initiatives by assisting in preparation and operation of workshops, onsite meetings, and program promotion events.
- Maintains accurate participant files; record data in Goodwill tracking systems.
- Assists program participants with job search efforts, conduct follow-up activities and help provide program participant by identifying daily needs and assistance.
- Provides support to others in the employment department.
- Maintains relationships with local partners.
- Assists with compiling, submitting and maintaining employment reporting for all Goodwill employment programs. Helps ensure that grant client data reporting is timely, accurate and operating within the constraints of the grant financial budget guidelines.
- Attends meetings and special events as assigned.
- Works closely with all Program Services staff to continually seek ways to share resources and services for the overall benefit of the population we serve.
- Ensures the safety of participants, staff and others by following all organizational and programmatic policies and procedures.
- Assist Employment Program Manager with annual Stand-Down for homeless veterans
- Assist with program participant intake process completing all skills and desired work assessments.
- Assist with developing and monitoring an individual Employment Plan (IEP) for assigned program participant
- Develop meaningful job search/retention activities for program participants, including resume and cover letter review and online job search
- Maintains frequent communication with program participants regarding job search progress
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.