Sr. Financial Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Deerfield, IL 60015-2542
CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth – from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
AG0307C Plant & Accounting Services, Exempt
Finance & Accounting
The Sr. Shared Services Specialist prepares journal entries, account reconciliations, KPIs, internal control documentation and various Shared Services analyses and reporting packages. This individual interfaces with internal and external customers and various service providers and must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Prepares and/or reviews monthly journal entries.
- Prepares and/or reviews account reconciliations and analyses and maintains supporting documentation.
- Prepares the shared services reporting package encompassing performance analytics and KPI dashboards
- Prepares travel and expense reporting package and develops reports for future compliance and risk management opportunities
- Benchmarks shared services processes to industry peers.
- Prepares written procedures and process flows of job responsibilities and internal controls.
- Prepares 3rd party internal control and SOX compliance documentation.
- Prepares various reports and commentary issued to management.
- Assists with special projects, internal and external audit requests, year-end activities and related duties.
- Evaluates and recommends improvements to processes, procedures and systems.
- Provides guidance to lower-level personnel.
Understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal control efforts. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management internal control deficiencies.
Successful incumbents will have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA Preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience
- Ability to understand policies, written procedures and follow detailed instructions
- Ability to function effectively while meeting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and administrative skills
- Efficient with Microsoft applications
- SAP accounting systems experience is a plus
The Sr. Shared Services Specialist interfaces with internal and external customers and various service providers and must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The individual knows fundamental accounting concepts and practices and understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls. Under limited supervision and instruction, the individual completes assignments that are varied and require ingenuity and originality. This individual must also have the ability to assume supervisory responsibilities and provide guidance as a resource for lower-level personnel.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal"EEO is the Law" poster (PDF)and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at .
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities