Assistant Director - Buildings and Grounds
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
1. Demonstrate effective problem-solving skills that support the educational process.
2. Provide direction and guidance to the maintenance operation of the Department of Buildings and Grounds.
3. Facilitate the working relationships between maintenance operations and custodial sections.
4. Provide a training and professional development program for department personnel and custodian.
5. Facilitate compliance with the Life, Health and Safety Code and for general safety.
6. Manage/Oversee all building rentals.
7. Assist in all Building rentals associated with the Peoria Stadium Location
8. Support Board policy for conservation of energy.
9. Control department expenditures through cost analysis, planning and careful assignment of personnel and equipment.
10. Provide input to the Director of Building and Grounds in the development of the annual budget for custodial operations.
11. Oversee the Stadium/Grounds operations.
12. Coordinate & maintain all small engine and all equipment repair.
13. Provide Supervision for Grounds.
14. Assist in obtaining purchase orders.
15. Work with outside vendor/ contractors.
16. Prepare and maintain specific job descriptions, time schedules, work routines, and staff workloads.
17. Purchase and distribute grounds’ supplies for all schools.
18. Coordinate and oversee the maintenance of grounds and snow removal.
19. Oversee all required R.O.E. reports but not limited to-monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, annual, testing and inspections for compliance
20. Accompany the R.O.E., fire, and insurance inspectors during building walk-throughs and inspections.
21. Assist in accompanying outside entities to surplus properties for potential sale and provide information.
22. Oversee the potential sale of surplus equipment/items
23. Assist the Director of Buildings and Grounds with Health, Life, Safety work/issues, R.O.E. requirement/ inspection items, and any other required projects for compliance.
24. Keep undated records of all building inspection requirements.
25. Create work requests and follow up on all inspection/ROE items.
26. Ensure all required paperwork is available at each site for inspections (this will require communication to the Building Directors/Principals).
27. Assist in maintaining a preventative maintenance program for all properties.
28. Respond to facility emergency issues and alarms as needed.
29. Provide direction in complying with all Federal and State guidelines in maintaining the school district’s Asbestos Management Plan.
30. Participate in the Safety Committee.
31. Manage Labor Contract effectively.
32. Perform such other duties and assume such other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Director of Buildings and Grounds.
KNOWLEDGE AND CRITICAL SKILLS:
Have knowledge of:
1. Life Safety code
4. State and local inspection requirements
5. Pest control notification requirements
6. Right to Know requirements
7. Handling of hazardous materials, radon, lead, indoor air quality and emergency disaster planning.
8. Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
9. Must have strong computer/communication skills