Shipping & Receiving Warehouse Clerk - Full-Time - 1st Shift
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Batavia, IL 60510
Do you enjoy warehouse operations and are skilled in shipping and receiving procedures? Looking for a full-time job with a set schedule, great benefits, and career advancement opportunities at a successful and growing company? Do you have great attention to detail and follow-through skills?
If so, a Shipping & Receiving Warehouse Clerk (Warehouse Staff) position with Eagle Flexible Packaging might be a great match for you! First shift hours are Monday-Friday 7:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- Collect leftover materials from previous jobs and verify they are properly tagged/labeled before placing them back in stock.
- Organize shipping orders by work order number. Complete paperwork and collect information such as weight, size, quantity etc. to facilitate the shipping process.
- Double check the information contained on the packing list to make sure it matches with physical inventory.
- Strap and wrap pallets prior to shipping.
- Unload and count new shipments and document serial number in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software system.
- Pull and stage all work order materials according to schedule.
- Support facility sanitation and food safety standards by maintaining cleanliness and organization throughout all warehouse areas.
- Ensure that all company food safety and quality assurance procedures are followed. Escalate any issues/concerns to management.
- Perform cycle counting on materials and other inventory at specified intervals, and update in ERP system.
- Perform and verify daily safety and sanitation checklists for material handling equipment like forklifts and reach trucks.
- Safely operate material handling equipment daily including forklifts, reach trucks, and electric and manual pallet jacks.
- Using a company vehicle, transport material between local facilities as needed.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instructions.
- Effective time management skills and ability to maximize productivity.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work safely in a manufacturing environment, including safe operation of equipment.
- Proven ability to learn new software programs.
- Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, and climb a ladder and stairs.
- Must be able to lift objects up to 75 pounds.
- Willingness and ability to work an overnight shift (if applicable for 2nd/3rd shift positions).
- Willingness to learn to operate material handling equipment that includes, but may not be limited to, forklifts, reach trucks, and electric pallet jacks.
- Valid drivers license and ability to be insured on a company vehicle.
- Relevant warehouse experience strongly preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Experience using Warehouse Management System (WMS) software.
- Experience using Radio Frequency (RF) scanners.
- Experience operating stand-up forklifts.
- CDL or class C commercial license for operating company box truck.
Eagle Flexible Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer.