Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
• Provide quality instruction in a two-year construction program, both theoretical and practical.
• Understand and teach the following:
o Job site safety, including ladders and scaffolding
o Safe use and mastery of hand and power tools
o Types of wood, cuts, and fasteners
o Basic electrical and plumbing
o Print interpretation
o Site and building layout
o Deck building and wall framing
o Drywall tools, materials, and finishing
o Stairs layout and construction
o Interior doors and windows
o Siding and insulation
o Roofing systems, including roof shingles and application
o Various projects (pencil holder, keepsake box, birdhouse, outdoor bench, step stool, picnic table, shed, etc.)
• Provide continuous evaluation on an ongoing basis to students, offering constructive feedback to students to help them improve their skills.
• Implement the policies and procedures in place for the school.
• Maintain safe and sanitary practices followed for all students, instructors, and guests.
• Maintain student records and other paperwork associated with the course.
• Teach to all levels of student abilities and adjust subject matter as required.
• Project a professional image at all times.
• Support students as they apply, interview, and work.
• Work with employers and supervisors to evaluate and improve student performance.
• Other duties, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND CRITICAL SKILLS:
• Knowledge of skill-building courses, including the fundamental concepts, knowledge, safety protocols, and hands-on techniques and skills needed for a variety of careers in the construction industry.
• Ability to prepare students for entry-level jobs and success in various construction careers, from skilled trades to project management.
• Basic computer skills.
• Problem solving skills.
• Critical thinking skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Knowledge of the technology used for the course.
• Good relationship and communication skills.
• Ability to connect with high school students and their families.
• Ability to multitask.
• Ability to work effectively with a team.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities and successful work history.
• Contract language
• Lifting, as associated with the activities of the course.