Senior Die Maker
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Carpentersville, IL 60110
Senior Die Maker – Carpentersville, IL
OTTO – designed, manufactured and precision tested, right here in the USA.
Our Senior Die Maker is responsible for the design and fabrication of tooling in the Stamping Department.
Specifically, the Senior Die Maker will:
• Keep a clean and safe work area
• Basic understanding of CAD-Cam
• Basic understanding of tool steels and production materials
• Must be able to operate Tool Room equipment
• Must be able to check piece parts to quality specifications
• Must be able to work from blueprints to construct, alter or repair tools
• Responsible for the design and fabrication of tooling in the Stamping Department
• Maintain proper tooling records for preventative maintenance
• Assist in the design of piece parts for manufacturability
• Assist in supervising when Tool Room Supervisor is absent
• Understand the operation of the press
• Understand the set-up of the press
• Assist in ordering supplies in tool room
• Assist in die changeover
• Assist with other related duties as required or assigned