Regional Sales Manager – OTTO Communications - Only apply through official OTTO company site: www.ottoexcellence.com
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Carpentersville, IL 60110
Regional Sales Manager – OTTO Communications – Carpentersville, IL
OTTO – designed, manufactured and precision tested, right here in the USA.
Our Regional Sales Manager – OTTO Communications drives activities to achieve sales goals of OTTO Branded products through dealers, distributors, and direct end-user customers within markets including two-way radio, law enforcement, tactical, and firefighting. Requires skill in managing and stimulating the efforts of an independent manufacturer’s rep sales force and direct selling to key accounts, as well as effective abilities working with internal resources to meet customers’ needs. The successful Regional Sales Manager takes ownership of their assigned region, is driven to succeed, and willing to manage activities inside and outside the company to achieve results.
Specifically, the Regional Sales Manager – OTTO Communications will:
• Stimulate independent manufacturer representatives, dealers, and end user customers in public safety and two-way radio markets to increase business with existing customers and to develop new customers and new products
• Monitor and review sales force effectiveness on a regular basis and provide guidance for improvement
• Hire and terminate sales representatives within region as necessary to improve company business
• Inform national sales manager and other OTTO management of opportunities, technology shifts, and competitive threats in the marketplace
• Provide product training to sales force and customers regularly
• Participate in trade shows and other promotional activity as needed
• Responsible for the attainment of direct booking and shipment goals for the assigned region
• Takes ownership of strategy development, including pricing recommendation, for all strategic accounts within the region and secures concurrence of agreed upon strategy from the National Sales Manager and manufacturer’s representative
• Seek and develop new business opportunities with end user and dealer customers
• Drives new product initiatives and development of communications products to meet market opportunities. Work with engineering and sourcing teams to execute new products and delivery
• Work extensively with internal resources, to ensure timely delivery of customer orders and to maintain customer satisfaction
• Work with marketing team to develop strategies, communication, and collateral materials to meet the needs of the Communications division sales effort. Ability to collaborate with Marketing to develop key product messages, prepare and review collateral content, and ensure that OTTO’s brand promise is effectively communicated in catalogs, sell sheets, price lists, and other related collateral material
• Travel as needed within region to participate in training, dealer sales calls, end user sales opportunities, and trade shows
• Monitors major opportunities within the region and provides assistance where needed to capture the business
• Assist with other related duties as required or assigned