Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60608
The EMT/Paramedic respond to emergencies and provide an appropriate level of care, which in many cases involves lifesaving treatment. Under the supervision of the Medical director, the EMT/Paramedic at Alivio Medical Center will provide surveillance to staff and patients who have received the COVID vaccine.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor staff and patients who have received the COVID vaccine, following predetermined protocols.
- When a life threatening condition is discovered, activate the Emergency Response System and retrieve the necessary supplies to provide Basic Life Support, when needed, as per Alivio Medical Center policy.
- In the event of a severe allergic reaction, Epinephrine must be administered via an intramuscular injection, as per Alivio Medical Center policy.
- Determine whether a patient needs to go to an emergency room in consultation with the first responders who arrive following the Emergency Response System activation.
- Communicate with other emergency services, such as paramedics, and provides appropriate medical information.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
This position requires compliance with all of Alivio’s written standards, including its Standards of Conduct, Joint Commission standards, all policies and procedures and Corporate Compliance requirements. Compliance will be considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
Manages and supervises staff listed below, including hiring, training, evaluating and managing performance to meet departmental efficiency and performance measures in keeping with the Union Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), Personnel Policies and Procedures and prevailing employment laws as appropriate.
· Medical Providers
· Clinical Team Lead
· RN Site Coordinator
· Clinical Support Staff
OSHA Category 1 – Involves exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certification of Licensure:
- EMT Intermediate or Advanced Certification, or
- EMT – Paramedic License in the State of IL
Current CPR Certification (BLS)
At least of 1 year of EMT or Paramedic experience, preferred
Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills needed.