Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60684
Compliance Specialist Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago. To view open positions, please enter your search criteria below. You may view all open positions by not specifying any search criteria and selecting the “Search” button. Bookmark this Posting Print Preview Apply for this JobPosition Details Job Title Compliance Specialist Position Number 8102529 Job Category University Staff Job Type Full-Time FLSA Status Exempt Campus Rogers Park-Lake Shore Campus Department Name OFFICE OF RESEARCH SERVICES Location Code OFFICE OF RESEARCH SERVICES (02500A) Is this split and/or fully grant funded? No Duties and Responsibilities
The Compliance Specialist will coordinate research compliance activities at the University’s lakeside campuses, and to ensure regulatory compliance in human subjects research; animal research. This is accomplished by supporting the IRB and researchers engaged in human subject research.
Compliance with the regulations requires administrative support of the chairperson of the Institutional Review Board for the Protection of Human Subjects ( IRB ). Secondary responsibilities include assisting the Associate Director of Research Compliance.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Develops and implements appropriate procedures for the submission, review and approval, and amendment of research projects conducted by faculty, students, and staff; this includes ensuring that the University community is aware of such procedures and is informed in writing of all actions taken with respect to their individual protocols.
2. Ensures that the IRB is appropriately constituted and that committee members are equipped with the appropriate knowledge to effectively assert their charge.
3. Oversees the compilation and distribution of materials for Board meetings and attends the meetings to ensure that all actions are appropriately documented.
4. Assists with the implementation of training programs to ensure that researchers are educated about their ethical and legal obligations and updates them of new requirements. Serves as a liaison between the Board and the University community to answer questions and provide assistance in any way possible.
5. Creates and updates all on-line materials related to the support of human subjects research related compliance activities, e.g. applications, forms, policy manuals.
6. Keeps abreast of all new regulatory requirements and drafts new polices whenever necessary.
7. Compiles government reports as required by each regulatory agency/department or internal reports as requested by the Associate Director of Research Compliance.
8. Promotes the facilitation of research at the UniversityMinimum Education and/or Work Experience
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred, in ethics, the Natural or Social/Behavioral Sciences or related discipline. 2-5 years of experience in compliance management involving one or more of the following areas: human subjects’ protection, lab animal care, biosafety, laboratory safety. Past experience in an organization that has achieved AAHRPP or AAALAC accreditation would be ideal.Qualifications
Candidates must have excellent writing skills in order to generate comprehensive reports, forms, correspondence, and procedure manuals. Oral communication skills in group settings are especially important given the significant amount of committee interaction that the position requires.
Strong analytical skills are essential for identifying ethical issues and interpreting regulatory documents; must be able to apply such skills to formulate procedures which are consistent with ethical guidelines and federal, state, and local laws. Some degree of ingenuity is needed for developing polices/procedures where only limited standardization exists.
Past experience in an organization that has achieved AAHRPP accreditation would be ideal. Certification from the Council for Certification of IRB Professionals ( CIP ) would be ideal.Certificates/Credentials/Licenses
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred, in Ethics, the Natural or Social/Behavioral Sciences or related discipline. 2-5 years of experience in compliance management involving one or more of the following areas: human subjects protection, lab animal care, biosafety, laboratory safety. Past experience in an organization that has achieved AAHRPP or AAALAC accreditation would be ideal.
Certificates and Licenses:
Certification from the Council for Certification of IRB Professionals ( CIP ) would be ideal.Computer Skills
Candidates must have experience with advanced MS Word processing, MS Excel or Spreadsheets, MS Access and MS PowerPoint; must be an adept user of Internet, e-mail and other office automation systems.Supervisory Responsibilities No Required operation of university owned vehicles No Does this position require direct animal or patient contact? Physical Demands Repetitive Motions Working Conditions None Open Date 06/10/2021 Close Date Special Instructions to Applicants Quick Link for Posting https://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/16224