Molding Press Operator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Addison, IL 60101
Operates various plastic molding machines in the production of partially completed components or final products, working at machines or on shop floor. Follows DTI Molding procedures in molding, sorting, forming, tapping, assembly, and packing components in appropriate packaging.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Positions parts in molds according to knowledge of unit being assembled or following blueprints/work instructions.
• Fastens parts together with bolts, screws, speed clips, rivets, or other fasteners.
• Removes small quantities of metal or plastic flash with hand files and scrapers to produce close fit between parts.
• May operate drill presses, punch presses, automated equipment, or riveting machines to assist in assembly operation.
• May perform forming operations on metal stampings.
• Responsible for monitoring quality of the job as trained.
• Inspects parts visually, or with fixed gauges to verify conformance to specifications or detect manufacture defects.
• Documents production quantities on appropriate form(s).
• Follows all safety procedures and maintains work area free from debris.
• Various duties and assignments as needed per management.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or one to three years related experience and/or training equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, legibly print words & numbers, and speak/understand basic English – including but not limited to safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Operators must manipulate small metal and/or plastic parts, placing them safely and correctly into machines or other components. Operators also bend and twist to retrieve and pack parts into boxes. Able to lift 50 lbs. with assistance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and high temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.