Senior Network Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
North Chicago, IL 60085
Senior Network Engineer
LOCATION: North Chicago, IL
IntelliDyne is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join the Network Engineering Team. The ideal candidate will have experience managing complex networks in a premise and cloud environment, designing networks, a passion for technology, and a drive for success. This person must have wide depth knowledge of other technologies (both hardware and software); the ability to manage projects to successful completion; and possesses strong leadership and communication skills.
- Design and support LAN/WAN infrastructure.
- Manage network infrastructure, including firewalls, routers, switches, VPNs, proxies, and load balancing technology.
- Be able to take a technology you haven’t seen before and immerse yourself in it.
- Be a mentor; share knowledge with the team and train others.
- Perform requirements analysis of network functions and determination of level of effort for reports development.
- Provide development and processing support for both “Standard” and “Ad hoc” reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 8570 Compliance IAT Level II or higher (Security+, SSCP, or CCNA-Security active certification required).
- 8+ years of network administration experience.
- 8+ years network routing and design.
- 8+ years load balancer experience.
- 8+ years Firewalls, IPS/IDS, and VPNs.
- Experience with network and systems monitoring and logging tools (Syslog, SNMP, WUG).
- Energetic and motivated, with a passion for technology and a willingness to mentor others.
- A forward-thinking problem solver with exceptional troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills with facility to cultivate supportive relationships within the team.
- Strong, delivery focused work ethic that takes ownership and produces results.
- Experience with F5 load balancers
- Experience with BlueCoat Proxy
- Experience with Cisco ASA firewalls and Firepower IPS
- Experience installing, configuring, governing, troubleshooting and tuning Cisco routers and L2/L3 switches
IntelliDyne is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities