National Business Director
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
NorthbrookChicago, IL 60601
You provide the vision, set the pace and inspire success.
Theres one thing you do thats exceptional: lead. You formulate a plan and focus your team to solve the unsolvable, beat the unbeatable and come out on top. Your capacity to creatively strategize, motivate sales professionals, and elicit achievement makes you the right fit for a National Business Director role with Syneos Health.
The National Business Director [NBD] is responsible for the development and management of a national hybrid team program comprised of strategic account leads and field reimbursement managers. The program has the goal of ensuring optimal access to the assigned product in the Neurology therapeutic area. This role is responsible for leading, directing, and managing activities of field team activities within a national footprint and will act as an extension of our clients market access and commercial team.
The NBD will be responsible for leading the program towards the achievement of established client goals, meet National metrics/service level requirements, and ensure all goals are met compliantly and in a in a fiscally responsible manner. Other key responsibilities include client relationship management, supporting strategy development, reviewing team dashboard/analytics requirement development, ensuring team has appropriate training content, and supporting business development to drive success. The NBD will participate in client, national, regional, and local strategic meetings, as well as lead meetings and conduct field rides with their respective management team.
Responsibilitiesmay include, but are not limited to the following:
- Integrate with client leadership and collaborate across multi-functional teams to ensure collaborative approach to support field sales success
- Develop & execute field plans that effectively translate national strategy
- Ensure achievement of goals, flawless execution, and high level of customer satisfaction
- Meet goals compliantly ensuring the program follows ALL rules of engagement
- Build collaborative and trusted relationships with stakeholders internally and externally
- Proven ability to motivate and coach field reimbursement and account management team to meet goals and objectives through influencing compliant behavior
- Lead a team to ensure national goals are met to support product(s) to targeted accounts to achieve/exceed specific business objectives
- Work with team on a consistent basis, evaluating coaching and directing local business plans/presentations
- Attract, coach and retain individuals who will ensure high level performance
Along with demonstrated initiative, resourcefulness and a results-oriented mindset, the ideal candidate has:
- BS/BA Degree required, advanced degree preferred
- 10+ Years in Commercial Biotech/Pharma
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Manager or first line leader
- Minimum 2 years experience in pharmaceutical industry in sales AND account management, managed care, or reimbursement
- Extensive knowledge of healthcare systems and Knowledge of Managed Care, Government, and Federal payer sectors, as well as Integrated Delivery Network/Integrated Health Systems a plus
- Previous experience in launching new specialty pharmaceutical/biologics products or indications a plus
- Proven strategic planning and analytical experience
- Strong written, oral, and group communication skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret regulation and legislation
- Strong teamwork abilities
- Project management skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage ambiguous situations
- Experience working/leading with cross functional teams
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage expenses within allocated budgets
- Ability to travel up to 70%
Interviews may be conducted in person at an on-site interview location. For any in person interviews, local Covid safety guidelines will be followed.
At Syneos Health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which our people can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
Why Syneos Health* Our employees voted Syneos Health as the overall winner in MedReps Best Places To Work In Medical Sales Awards.Join a game-changing global company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Here, youre empowered to exceed your sales goals with the autonomy you need to over deliver. Were dedicated to creating better, smarter, faster ways to get biopharmaceutical therapies to patients. Syneos Health has launched more sales teams in the last 5 years across all major Therapeutic Areas than the top 25 pharma companies combined. By joining Syneos Health, youll be connected to our multitude of career paths and pipeline of employment opportunities.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate pharmaceutical sales*
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)