Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
East St. Louis, IL 62205
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Technician with good problem-solving and strong interpersonal skills to join our team. You will be responsible for providing service and repairing equipment in our industry.
If you have a high level of initiative to recognize, analyze and solve problems, then we are waiting for your application.
- Support, coordinate and control of all aspects of engineering projects
- Conduct detailed root cause analysis on failures to prevent reoccurrence
- Repair equipment to ensure equipment integrity and production availability while minimizing cost
- Support Mechanical Integrity program and ensure compliance with all regulatory activities
- Plan and coordinate activities related to emergency equipment breakdown or failure
- Manage the use of contract service providers for maintenance activities on-site as needed
- Effectively manage plant shutdowns with detailed plans
- Evaluate outside contractors/vendors. Make optimal decisions on when to outsource
- Participate in or lead small capital project execution teams in partnership with Engineering
- Evaluate and negotiate supplier quotes
Required skills and experience
- 3-7 years of experience in chemical, manufacturing or related industry
- Experience with local technical standards related to process piping, heat exchangers, pressure vessels and storage tanks
- Ability to prepare clear and accurate documentation and instructions for others
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines on a multitude of tasks
- Ability to quickly assess problems and able to process workable solutions
- High School graduate with Associate degree in electronics, electrical, electro-mechanical technologies or equivalent technical training