R&D Principal Chemist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
East St. Louis, IL 62205
We are looking for experienced polymer chemist and project leader. Main responsibilities of this role include to manage new product development projects and to provide technical support to internal and external customers. If you have experience in the area of polymer synthesis and coating application, apply and join our team.
- Deliver on Research and Development projects supporting the innovation strategy in line with the business strategy.
- Drive research and product development projects needed to meet the technical needs of market and customers.
- Lab work may include synthesis and formulating and applications’ testing. This position will include hands-on laboratory bench work.
- Guide chemist and technicians on laboratory resins cooking, paint application and evaluation, process support, instrumental analysis.
- Ensure that all projects are well documented in our stage gate innovation process and meeting defined stage gate timelines.
- Provide effective leadership of cross functional project teams to deliver on projects within the agreed budget and timeline.
- Responsible for the successful scale-up of products from laboratory to production.
- Perform laboratory products testing in terms of process and product specifications.
- Be involved in technical presentations about allnex products and conduct trainings to customers when needed.
- Investigate patentability of new products and processes and review new literature and patents on relevant technologies.
- Initiate and implement continuous project optimization/ cost optimization methods.
- Assist in rework inventory by identifying alternative use in existing products.
- Maintain safe and regulatory compliant laboratory work environment in accordance to Good Laboratory Practice and through proper usage of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Lead and develop team through coaching, providing trainings, setting goals, monitoring and appraising performance.
Required skills and experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the area of polymer synthesis and coating application
- Minimum 8 years of successfully leading R&D projects and working with multi discipline teams
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Results oriented personality
- Excellent interpersonal, written, oral and presentation skills
- Master degree or PhD in Chemistry