Senior Citrix Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Rosemont, IL 60018
• Design and engineer the Citrix environment including XenDesktop, XenApp, NetScaler, StoreFront, and Workspace
• Engineering & Administration of servers and AD system; provide support to everyday operations
• Coordinate with various groups and perform troubleshooting on all production problems and provide resolution
• Establishing & Implementing Infrastructure Standards
• Perform research on system technology and provide resolution to complex issues
• Maintain metrics necessary to support KPI and KRI reporting related to the area of responsibility
• Monitor all system alerts and assist in resolving complex issues in system hardware and software
• Comprehension of common network concepts: ACI, VLAN, Switching, OSI layers
• Work with contacting third parties for support
• System capacity analysis and planning
• Capable of training users in complex topics, making presentations to internal groups
• Write intricate system and user documentation
• Write and explain purchase justifications
• Help Service Desk team with advanced tickets.
• Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required
• Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well as occasional weekend maintenance
• Exhibit a broad base of knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting server (HP Synergy, DL series), Storage (Nimble, and Netapp) infrastructure, and operating systems to include Windows, Linux, VMware, SAN, Backup, DR/BC, O365, Intune, Unified Communication, and Azure
• Engage with the EA function to ensure that designs are in line with the needs of current and future platform requirements
• Create, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent provisioning, uptime, regulatory compliance, and data protection
• Serve as the technical lead for resolving complex incidents and problems related to Windows and Storage systems
• Follow policies and procedures for change and incident management.