Geostructural Engineer (38202)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60606
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, corporations, energy companies, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world. Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Langan is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions. Langan is pleased to be recognized for three consecutive years as a top 10 “Best Firms to Work For” and top 100 “Hot Firms” in the nation.
Langan is seeking a Geostructural Engineer to join its collaborative team in our Chicago, IL office. This person will play a key role in developing effective and attractive structural design solutions for unique situations in support of the geotechnical engineering group. In this role, you will also have to opportunity to collaborate with and support site/civil and landscape architectural groups. This position offers significant opportunity for professional growth including, but not limited to client interaction and development and much more!
• Typical geostructural analysis and design support for geotechnical projects includes: support of excavation, underpinning, slope stabilization, utility support, ground-improvement, shallow and deep foundations, earth-retaining structures and grouting programs;
• Typical geostructural engineering for the site/civil engineering and landscape architecture projects include reinforced-concrete design of site structures such as retaining walls, stairs, ramps, pavements, rooftops and specialty site and landscape structures; loading calculations for fences and railings; footing and foundation design for site lighting, fences, bollard and site furnishings, stone and masonry-clad walls, decking and boardwalks; and design of other concrete, steel and timber construction; and
• Other tasks will include design and oversight of positive cutoff walls, dewatering systems, and waterfront features such as railings, paving materials, and site furnishings.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a Structural or Geotechnical focus from an ABET-accredited university; Master’s degree is a plus;
• 4 to 6 years of geostructural experience;
• Illinois Structural Engineer licensure is required;
• Ability to design support of excavation details and documents from concept through completion;
• Proficient with soil and rock mechanics, soil-structure interaction analysis and design, numerical analysis and LRFD methodology;
• Solid understanding of ACI, AISC, AASHTO, and building codes that guide site/civil and landscape architecture design and construction, along with practical knowledge about traditional and innovative materials and finishes;
• Software proficiency in: Plaxis 2D, RISA, MathCAD, and AutoCAD; Experience with Plaxis 3D a plus;
• Willingness to perform field work as needed; Experience with earthwork and support of excavation and concrete construction oversight a plus;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with staff, co-workers, management and clients;
• Strong technical skills, analytical ability and attention to detail;
• Possess effective time-management skills and ability to balance multiple concurrent tasks, responsibilities and commitments;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; and,
• Ability to travel is required along with a valid driver’s license in good standing.
To be considered for this position, please click on the link below to apply.
In the Search for a Job section, go to the Type drop-down, select Professional, and Submit
Scroll down the page to view all opportunities and apply.
We thank you for your interest in Langan!
Langan is committed to employee wellbeing and providing a healthy and safe work environment. Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives. Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; employee resource groups; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse and inclusive environment is a key to our success.