Occupational Therapy Assistant
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oak Brook, IL 60523
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we’re caring for patients directly or supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional, clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and families every day.
In home health, you’ll be a true advocate engaging patients throughout their coordinated health care journey all while maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you’re looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
Responsible for promoting, facilitating, and maintaining health, well-being, and participation in life through engagement in occupation under the supervision of and in partnership with an Occupational Therapist.
- Provides skilled interventions in accordance with the physician approved plan of care and under the direction and supervision of an Occupational Therapist.
- Provides documentation of each visit according to AOTA Documentation Guidelines and accepted regulatory standards for inclusion in the patient’s clinical record.
- Observes, records, and reports the patient’s response to treatment and any change in the patient’s condition to the supervising OT, physician, and other appropriate clinical staff.
- Provides patient/caregiver resources for future ADL/IADL needs.
- Promotes wellness and prevention by promotion of occupational engagement.
- Participates in patient care conferences, in-services, chart audit activities, quality improvement activities, including OBQI and OBQM, and peer-review activities.
- Maintains confidentiality of information relating to the Occupational Therapist-client relationship.
- Demonstrates knowledge of available community resources/services. Makes recommendations for follow-up care in coordination with the care center that admitted the patient/client.
- Keeps abreast of occupational therapy trends and knowledge for the service provision, documentation skills, and care coordination.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current, unencumbered license to practice as an occupational therapy assistant specific to state the employee is assigned to work by the Company.
- Graduate of an occupational therapist program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc. (AOTA), or successor organizations of ACOTE;
- And, is eligible to take, or has successfully completed, the entry-level certification examination for occupational therapy assistants developed and administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. (NBCOT).
- One (1+) year related occupational therapy experience to ensure that knowledge and skills are sufficient to safely provide occupational therapy services to patients. If less than one (1) year experience, approval from regional clinical leaders is required as well as appropriate mentoring and/or residency program established.
- Current CPR certification.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching Contributions
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.