Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Rockford, IL 61107
POSITION SUMMARY: The Coder position assigns accurate ICD-CM/PCS & CPT/HCPCS codes to all pertinent diagnoses and procedures on inpatient, outpatient and ambulatory encounters; to comply with coding guidelines, abstracts all required information for statistical and reimbursement purposes. This position works closely with revenue cycle team members to ensure appropriate billing and reimbursement.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Completion of a college level course in medical terminology
- Licensure/Certifications: Must obtain one of these certifications within 1 year of employment: RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CCA or CPC
- Other skills/knowledge: Basic knowledge of ICD-CM/PCS and CPT coding guidelines
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy/physiology, disease processes, medical records and hospital procedures
- Ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted Basic keyboard and software application skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate via written and verbal means
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
- Able to provide information to supervisors, co-workers and physicians by telephone, written, e-mail or in person
- Knowledge of the principles and processes for providing excellent customer service and personal service
- Education: Associates degree in Health Information Management or related degree
- Completion of a coding certificate program
- Experience: 1 year in hospital or professional coding
Job seekers will be afforded equal opportunity regardless of their race, ethnicity, veteran status or disability status.
Affirmative Action. Contractor and Subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.01, 60-300.5(a), 60-741.5(a), and 61-300.10. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based upon their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.