Bagger/Caser/Ln 2 Br
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Imagine…working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
- Generally, starts as early as 2:45 PM until finish.
- Overtime and weekend work as needed.
- Starting times and hours may vary depending on coverage due to report-offs and the production schedule especially during holidays.
- Good attendance and punctuality required.
JOB SUMMARY/JOB DUTIES:
- Bagger Operator/Caser: Sets up and operates Bagger and Kwik-lok machines, making necessary adjustments to keep the line running well. Cases product into baskets or cases, keeping up with line speed. Monitors bags for clarity. Checks bread and packaging quality, including wrapping and bagging. Must understand code board. Racking and unracking bread as needed. General cleaning of area assigned. May be called upon to assist other positions during operation and other duties as requested.
- Slicer Feeder: Feeds bread into Slicers at an approximate rate of 55 loaves per minute. Continuously monitors the size, quality and weight of bread, reporting any variances to Supervision. Must start/stop Wrapper and Slicer according to line needs. Watches for and unjams bread on the Hartman slicer and Wrapper infeed. Checks for correct number of slices of bread. Conduct checks at main metal detector and documents findings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Decision Making Skills: Must have strong decision making and communication skills. They must have the ability to utilize/exercise good judgment, and they must ensure issues are quickly resolved and communicated with supervision. Fill out communication boards daily.
- Food Safety Awareness: Food safety awareness is critical in this position. This position will be held accountable to having a full understanding and adherence to the strictest compliance standards, in relation to HACCP, CTS, SOP, Safety, GMP, and JSA procedure and standards related to this position. Focused awareness and prevention of contamination/potential contamination, allergen control, and lot code traceability are key objectives in this role.
- Formula Control: Formula control is vital to ensuring compliance to label management of our products. Must abide to exact formula specifications and procedures, to ensure bread quality standards are maintained and label contents are aligned.
- Maintains work area to “5S” cleanliness, housekeeping and organizational standard.
- Must possess a high school diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
- Two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to:
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Use hands, fingers and arms to reach, feel product and manipulate materials and equipment
- Walk, stoop, climb, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear
- Ability to use senses to diagnose and troubleshoot problems
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and push/pull heavy loads on wheeled dollies
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to vibration.
- The employee may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, hot/cold temperature extremes, high industrial noise levels, forklift traffic and wet environments.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to comply with all safety regulations, support plant safety initiatives, proper operating procedures and utilize prescribed safety equipment such as safety eyeglasses, safety shields, gloves, earplugs, respirators, and approved footwear.
- Ability to deal with a changing work environment and high-pressure situations.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- This position may require overtime as deemed necessary to support operations activities.
- Employees’ approved vacation subject to change when bidding to a new area.
- There will be a 90-day evaluation period to ensure satisfactory performance.
- Must stay on the job one year.
“The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information."