Internal Communications Specialist (Compliance)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60654
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Global Data Protection Office*Job Description*
This position can be remote anywhere in the USA
As a key member of the Global Data Protection Office – Products (“GDPO-P”) Team, the Internal Communications Specialist will work primarily with the GDPO-P Team but will collaborate with personnel across Motorola Solutions, Inc. (MSI) business lines.
The Compliance Communications Specialist – Data Protection reports to the Sr. Director, Global Data Protection – Product and is responsible for the following:
- Design, develop and deliver a wide range of compliance communications materials in collaboration with other team members, and other departments (such as email and video blogs, newsletters, presentations, surveys, intranet content, reports, etc.).
- Improve and enhance compliance awareness by creating content and developing different platforms of communication, including website, email, social media, print media, internal intranet site.
- Write content for internal department intranets sites as well as external website
- Assist with writing, editing and polishing training materials for GDPO-P Team in various formats (video, Google Slides, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Understand and apply company branding guidelines.
- Utilize and manage company communication tools/channels to most effectively reach global, regional and local employee audiences.
- Create communication aids, tools and templates to be used by the GDPO-P Team to facilitate the creation of internal communications.
- Create effective communication strategies for the GDPO-P Team
- Develop tools and methods for measuring MSI’s data protection compliance activities and create strategies to build on or enhance its data protection compliance culture.
- Develop, deploy and track metrics for measuring data protection compliance activities and creation of effective materials for communication of those metrics to various internal stakeholders.
- Ensure collaboration between functions on compliance-related communications and activities, working with other strategic stakeholders to ensure an inclusive and complete communications and promotion program.
- Research, analyze and evaluate the industry landscape in collaboration with other Compliance team members to identify best practices, emerging risk areas, and other key topics which may require ad-hoc communication
- Actively participate in team meetings and liaise with other departments and complianceteam members as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, committed and creative individual who demonstrates initiative.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university with a preferred focus in english, marketing, communications or equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- Minimum 2 years of corporate communications experience, preferably in a technology company.
- Excellent writing and communications skills with an ability to integrate strategic messages and target an audience appropriately.
- Proficiency in Google suite (Docs, Slides, Sheets) required.
- Experience with Smartsheets and/or aptitude for learning use of new tools
- Ability to partner with people across all teams and levels in a professional and friendly manner.
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to foster a cohesive and creative work environment
- Demonstrated attention to detail with sound analytical skills.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize competing priorities
- Ability to analytically benchmark and identify best practices
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree and 2+ years of experience
Travel RequirementsNone*Relocation Provided*None*Position Type*Experienced*Referral Payment Plan*No
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, VisionbenefitseffectiveDay 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- GenerousPaidTime Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- PaidParental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or, any other protected characteristic.
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to no discrimination because of race, color, creed, marital status, age, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.