Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Schaumburg, IL 60193
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the operation, installation, inspection, preventative maintenance, and repair of HVAC, refrigeration, and related equipment and controls at the customer’s location.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform HVAC Services and other trades as required.
- Maintain and perform preventive maintenance on controls and related equipment; adjust and calibrate equipment when necessary.
- Respond to complaints by the customer of equipment not working properly.
- Perform minor electrical and plumbing repairs.
- Use common hand tools, power tools.
Perform routine handyman services, including painting, patching, and minor repairs to building surfaces.
Perform routine repairs to doors, locks and keys throughout building.
- Work without direct supervision on daily assigned work.
- “Effectively” communicate with customers to accomplish assigned tasks. Develop sound customer relations.
- Maintain adherence to the published work schedule and be available to work overtime as required by demands of the job.
- Work from elevated areas such as ladders, platforms, scaffolding, etc. utilizing fall protection equipment when required by the job
- Train new departmental employees to perform assigned mechanical to meet customer expectations.
- Maintain communication with supervisor regarding unresolved work issues, personnel issues, and employee complaints.
Ensure all spaces and inventories are maintained in a clean and safe condition.
- Perform other work as defined by company and/or customer.
OTHER FUNCTIONS / DUTIES:
- Work with all assigned personnel.
- Understand and follow written and verbal job instructions.
- Understand and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures; customer rules and regulations; and safety rules and regulations.
- Support the company’s goals and objectives.
- Work in a team oriented and safety conscious environment.
- Accept feedback from others, set goals to improve performance based upon this feedback; exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views.
The goals listed below are specific to this position at the customer’s work site.
- Work Orders with Completion Remarks: Goal 100%. This measurement involves all assigned employees writing constructive information on their work orders or PM’s.
- Time Sheets: Goal 100% correct and on time.
- Continually develop skills by pursuing further education, seminars, or certificate programs in Maintenance.
- Education: Possess a high school degree or an approved GED. AA degree in Industrial Instrumentation, HVAC, Electronics, or Industrial Electricity preferred but not required
- HVAC Certifications/Licenses: Universal EPA preferred
- Experience: Desire 5 years’ experience in an industrial or maintenance environment.
- Physical ability: Must be able to: lift 50 lbs on a repetitive basis and a 100 lbs on an occasional basis, work in extreme heat and extreme cold, stand and sit for long periods of time, climb flights of stairs, work from elevated areas, and wear a respirator when required by the job. Near visual acuity for reading instructions, manuals, specifications, etc.
- Technical Proficiency
- Sense of Urgency
- High School Diploma of GED Equivalent
- Graduate of apprentice program or trade school preferred
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must have ability to stoop, stand, climb, frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders) and safely install rigging/lifting devices
- Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine
- Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work
- Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
- Ability to read and understand information presented orally and in writing
- Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, drawings, and schematics
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative? Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.