PCS FinFund Owners Sr Mgr
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60606
RSM’s Private Client practice is looking for a dynamic tax senior manager to join our Financial Investment Fund Executive team. At RSM, our Private Client practice is rooted in strong relationships based on a deep understanding of what matters most to our clients. Our team of first choice advisors is aligned to serve family offices, closely held businesses and their owners, ultra-high net worth individuals and their multi-generational families and private equity fund owners. We take a holistic approach to advising our clients and in doing so we collaborate with our client’s team of professional advisors to develop tailored comprehensive solutions.
Our community of professionals is as focused on your success. Our partners and other professionals will support you and your development through:
- exposure to strategic tax planning, business advisory and compliance work
- a customized well-defined career path to match your professional goals
- access to specialized trainings and programs, cutting edge technology, annual goal setting, career advisors and coaches with real time feedback for developmental growth
Our Financial Investment Fund Executive team focuses on founding and/or managing partners and principles of investment funds as well as C-Suite level executives with an economic interest in the investment fund. We are a strategic advisor to new and experienced financial services executives, advising many of the most prominent financial services executives from around the world. We leverage a focused global financial services practice with the depth of tax and technology resources to customize our services in order to meet the special needs of each executive that we serve. We collaborate with our clients, industry experts, other Private Client professionals and specialists throughout RSM to reach these goals.
As a tax senior manager, you will be responsible for the following, which are focused on your technical expertise and ability to lead a collaborative team dedicated to excellent client service:
- Advise Financial Investment Fund Executive clients in all stages of a fund lifecycle – from growth and expansion to maturity and exit transition. This includes advising on a full spectrum of tax services including income tax planning, wealth transfer planning and tax compliance
- Lead a dedicated engagement team that provides consistency in tax preparation due to the complexities of fund reporting
- Lead the engagement team focused on entity, individual, fiduciary and gift / estate taxation. This includes the planning and execution of client tax engagements that exceed client expectations and RSM profitability thresholds
- Anticipate client needs and collaborate with RSM colleagues in specialty tax areas as well as cross line of business to build client relationships and support growth
- Participate in prospective client proposals and intentionally plan to build new client relationships
- Delivers exceptional talent experience by building collaborative teams, developing and rewarding team members
- Participate in local and national committees focused on building technical expertise and strategic plans
- Develop and sustain strong relationships with clients, centers of influence and other RSM promoters through networking, thought leadership and community involvement
- Demonstrate alignment with RSM’s core values, vision and strategy while empowering people to work together in meaningful and productive ways across the firm as an enterprise leader
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business-related field
- CPA license in one’s principal place of business/home state, licensed J.D. or enrolled agent (with approval from regional tax leader)
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working in public accounting with an emphasis on private client taxation.Most recent years should include experience in leading all aspects of client engagements and driving growth
- Proficient in individual and entity (partnership, S Corporation or C Corporation) taxation with an understanding of complex investments and the related tax implications
- Experience with state and local / franchise taxation for multi-state filers
- Experience with international taxation and reporting
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to lead collaborative teams and manage a book of business that exceeds client expectations
- LL.M. in Taxation and/or Master’s in Taxation
- Experience with fiduciary, gift and estate taxation
You want your next step to be the right one. You’ve worked hard to get where you are today. And now you’re ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you’ll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.