PCS FinFund Owners Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60606
RSM’s Private Client practice is looking for a dynamic tax manager to join our Financial Fund Executive team. At RSM, our Private Client practice is rooted in strong relationships based on a deep understanding of what matters most to our clients. Our team of first choice advisors is aligned to serve family offices, closely held businesses and their owners, ultra-high net worth individuals and their multi-generational families and private equity fund owners. We take a holistic approach to advising our clients and in doing so we collaborate with our client’s team of professional advisors to develop tailored comprehensive solutions.
Our community of professionals is focused on your success. Our leadership team and other professionals will support you and your development through:
- Exposure to strategic tax planning, business advisory and compliance work
- A customized well-defined career path to match your professional goals
- Access to specialized trainings and programs, cutting edge technology, annual goal setting, career advisors and coaches with real time feedback for developmental growth
Our Financial Fund Executive team focuses on founding and/or managing partners and principles of investment funds as well as C-Suite level executives with an economic interest in the investment fund. We are a strategic advisor to new and experienced financial services executives, advising many of the most prominent financial services executives from around the world. We leverage a focused global financial services practice with the depth of tax and technology resources to customize our services in order to meet the special needs of each executive that we serve. We collaborate with our clients, industry experts, other Private Client professionals and specialists throughout RSM to reach these goals.
As a tax manager, you will be responsible for the following which are focused on your technical expertise and ability to lead a collaborative team dedicated to excellent client service:
- Advise Financial Fund Executive clients on a full spectrum of individual and business tax opportunities, including succession planning, wealth transfer planning, and tax compliance
- Manage and oversee the engagement team focused on entity, individual, fiduciary, and gift / estate taxation and provides consistency in tax preparation due to the complexities of fund reporting. This includes the planning and execution of client tax engagements
- Collaborate with RSM specialists regarding estate and gift planning and taxation, state and local taxation, and international taxation
- Provide leadership, training and career mentorship to staff and supervisor level team members
- Drive and collaborate with senior leadership on growth opportunities with existing clients and prospects
- Develop and sustain strong relationships with clients and other professional advisors through a commitment to outstanding client service
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business-related field
- CPA license in one’s principal place of business/home state, licensed J.D. or enrolled agent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in public accounting with an emphasis on taxation.Most recent years should include experience in managing client engagements
- Proficient in individual and entity (partnership, S corporation or C corporation) taxation with an understanding of complex investments and the related tax implications
- Familiar with fiduciary, gift and estate, state and local and international taxation and reporting
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to work in a collaborative team and handle multiple
- tasks simultaneously
- LL.M. in Taxation and/or Master’s in Taxation
- Experience with private client or business taxation with a desire to grow skills in the private client arena
- Experience working with investment funds or experience working at an alternative asset management firm
- Experience with fiduciary, gift and estate taxation
You want your next step to be the right one. You’ve worked hard to get where you are today. And now you’re ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you’ll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.