Project Manager-New Product Development
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bolingbrook, IL 60440
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall scope, schedule, cost management, risk management, and communication activities for the assigned development projects. The Project Manager also ensures that all customer and company cost, quality, and timing requirements are satisfied. Additionally, the Project Manager will manage the design process of new products for manufacturing at G&W facilities or third parties and will ultimately be accountable for the performance and results of project teams.
- Establish and lead a multidisciplinary global team in the development of new and innovative products. Work collaboratively with all stakeholders (including Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Aftermarket Service, Quality, Finance, Product Management, and Marketing) to ensure the successful delivery of the project.
- Manage the schedule, scope, budget, and staffing to ensure the project stays on track and within commitments.
- Responsible for coordination of resources and completion of Product Realization Stage-Gate requirements.
- Manage project risks through identification, prioritization, and mitigation events. Develop critical path analyses to manage the project critical path items, accelerate timelines, reduce costs, and/or mitigate risks.
- Support the development of project management best practices, processes, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for reviewing projects and processes against the project and company goals for cost efficiency and reliability.
- Communicate project information within the team, to management, and to other stakeholders through formal and informal presentations and correspondence.
- Collect information for ongoing data mining and analysis to ensure effective problem solving, solution design, and improved business results.
- Prepare written documentation of processes, material requirements, test results, and project activity as required. Create/revise G&W standards as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or related field required. Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification required.
- At least 5 years of project management experience in a highly technical product development role. Preferred experience in the development of at least one of the following: Distribution or Transmission power equipment, Protective relays, or Custom engineered industrial products.
- Strong understanding of good development engineering processes such as lean product development, Design for Manufacturing (DFM)/ Assembly (DFA)/ Excellence (DFX), Six Sigma, and Lean concepts.
- Experience with industry quality actions such as PPAP and SPC.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization, facilitation, and arbitration skills.
- Demonstrated ownership of tasks from cradle to grave, a “driver” mentality, and effective time management skills.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Proven experience with computers; Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project or equivalents.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- General Office Environment, PC use
- Light Lifting (occasional 25 lbs or less)
“G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor"