Sr Solutions Architect
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60654
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewOur IT organization has a critical role in driving extraordinary business results. We’re looking for people who bring great ideas and who make our partners’ ideas better. Intellectually curious advisors (not order takers) who focus on outcomes to creatively solve business problems. People who not only embrace change but who accelerate it.
The Enterprise Architecture team has a multi-prong charter of being proactive to ensure the IT architecture matches our business vision, assuring the company can handle disruption, to ensure that our solutions and integrated designs match our infrastructure, and to give emerging technology full exploration and enable it for use within our company.Job Description
This role in the Enterprise Architecture team will emphasize ways to use the IT architecture to discover business improvement activities and technology gaps compared to business plans with a special emphasis on emerging technology. While knowledge of items such as Blockchain, artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotic process automation, and emerging technologies is not essential, the drive and desire to learn these technologies and apply them to a business environment is.
The role will work closely with our business relationship managers and business teams to identify areas suited for these technologies and drive proof of concepts and trials and implementations of them. Research and investigation into appropriate tools and enabling software will also be performed. This role is enterprise architecture work of aligning our IT systems to fit our business processes and needs.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations
- Work with the team to document business processes, map to IT systems, identify areas for improvement, and create roadmaps for missing or old technology, to guide future technology decisions.
- Create templates and procedures to use the business processes to map against new projects, acquired companies, new product offerings, and other areas, to improve the quality of architecture decisions for these areas
- Create standard playbooks that will be used IT-wide for integrating acquired companies and other IT projects
- Research and determine best solutions for architecture standards, software, and tools
- Collaborate with cross-functional IT/Business teams (e.g. Application teams, Program Managers, IT partners (onsite/ offshore), QA, Third-party vendors) to understand business requirements and design end to end solutions
- Evaluate short and long-term trade-offs for complex business problems and recommend scalable solutions that can be implemented in a hybrid ERP environment
- Lead solution design sessions with business partners, system integration suppliers, and other IT teams, translating business rules into requirements.
- Experience with Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, lead to cash process is a must.
- Experience with Oracle CPQ, various Oracle EBS modules is a must.
- Experience with Oracle fusion cloud applications will be given preference.
- Analytical skills – the ability to perceive and analyze problems, develop alternatives, and recommend sound decisions
- People skills – a combination of skills including an ability to ask penetrating questions, detect unstated assumptions and resolve conflicts
- Communication skills – ability to drive productive conversations, independently maintain project documentation, drive follow-up on open actions.
- Have curiosity about new and existing technologies and desire to learn them
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Very strong team player, able to foster teamwork and a positive working environment
- People skills to be able to work with different roles and personalities
- Ability to plan and organize work
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and rapidly changing environment
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business from an accredited university
- 10+ years of relevant experience designing, implementing and supporting Oracle e-business Suite applications or Oracle cloud application
Travel RequirementsNone*Relocation Provided*None*Position Type*Experienced*Referral Payment Plan*Yes
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, VisionbenefitseffectiveDay 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- GenerousPaidTime Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- PaidParental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or, any other protected characteristic.
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to no discrimination because of race, color, creed, marital status, age, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.