Service Technician Manager - Alarm, Security Systems
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Fairview Heights, IL 62208
Service Manager – Electronic Security Systems
PASS Security, Fairview Heights, Illinois
RETENTION BONUS $10,000
The Service Manager will manage and develop the Service Technicians Team, which is responsible for the resolution of customer related issues with electronic security systems within our Security Division, such as intrusion, access control, CCTV, and other related security systems. Customers span from mid-sized business to residential. The Service Team consists of Field Service Technicians, and works collaboratively with Internal Technical Support and the Customer Care Team. This role is primarily office-based with some on-site customer and Technician support as needed.
• Supervise, train, develop, and direct 2-3 Field Service Technicians.
• Support the Service Technicians to correctly analyze, diagnose, and resolve security system failures.
• Act as an escalation point for unique and complex customer issues, and ensure technical support provided by Service Technicians and Customer Care Team is routed and completed appropriately.
• Provide hands-on, direct, on-site customer support as needed.
• Monitor and inspect quality of work performed to ensure conformity with specifications and requirements, and provide ongoing training.
• Create and maintain programs to develop and expand department technical knowledge, including maintenance of Knowledge Base platform.
• Support the development and ensure integrity of technology, tools, and systems in support of departmental and organizational goals.
• Oversee the Service schedule, Service Team work schedules and timesheets, and Service Technicians’ on-call rotation schedule.
• Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure the highest quality of customer service.
• Participate in recruitment, selection, retention, and evaluation of Service Technicians staff.
• Manage department operations and meet or exceed department goals such as customer satisfaction, customer attrition, and efficiency.
• Promote a positive culture and work environment for the Service Technicians Team.
• 5+ years’ experience as Electronic Security Systems Service Manager, or equivalent experience of Service Manager and Service Technician for Electronic Security Systems.
• Advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Highly knowledgeable and able to solve complex problems regarding intrusion, access control, and CCTV systems.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Strong leadership, supervisory, and training skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
• Technologically driven with a desire to learn new technology continually.
• Strong work ethic.
• Ability to read and understand technical diagrams, manuals, and project documentation.
• Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
• Applicant must pass a background check pursuant to Illinois PERC Card requirements for all security industry personnel.
• Applicant must pass a drug test.
• Applicant must have a valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
Monday through Friday.
15 Executive Drive, Suite 6, Fairview Heights, IL 62208
Service Area: Illinois and Missouri, mostly in the Greater St. Louis/Metro Area.
Compensation and Benefits:
• $65,000-$85,000 annual salary, commensurate with experience.
• $10,000 Retention Bonus
• Performance Bonuses and Merit-Based Pay Increases
• Company Vehicle
• 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match
• Health, Vision, Dental, Life, and Disability Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Phone Allowance
All applicants must apply online, either through Indeed or on our website at https://www.passsecurity.com/job-opportunities . You will be contacted via email if you are selected for an interview. Due to the high volume of applications anticipated for this position, we will not be able to respond to individual requests for status updates regarding your application.
PASS Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
About PASS Security
PASS Security is a locally-owned business with a mission to provide technology-based security solutions to the community. Our Team consists of driven individuals who are passionate about our industry and finding unique solutions for our customers’ needs.
PASS Security installs and services electronic security systems for commercial and residential customers, specializing in intrusion, access control, and video security systems. PASS serves customers in the Greater St. Louis Region.
PASS Security’s reputation is built upon trust and service excellence. PASS Security takes pride in its work to ensure that its products, designs, installations, and services exceed customer expectations.
The PASS Security Mission
• Ensure that products, designs, installations, and services meet the customers’ needs and exceed expectations.
• Commitment to service is what sets us apart from other providers.
• Provide technology-based solutions to help our customers feel protected and have a sense of security.
What is it like to work at PASS?
• Team Environment
• Family Friendly
• Innovative Design
Our number one goal at PASS is protecting person and property, which can be a very high-pressure, demanding, and fast-paced environment. We work hard every day, but we also like to take time to celebrate our successes and recognize our amazing Team! PASS offers several company outings and special events. We celebrate birthdays, holidays, and special occasions for employees. We have fun competitions, and we love to get out as a group and volunteer in the community! At the end of the day, we know that what we do makes a huge difference in our customers’ lives and businesses, and we are all a part of something very meaningful!
Your safety is our concern! Our in-depth plan includes, but is not limited to, steps such as cleaning/disinfecting, health screenings, social distancing, remote work options, and providing employees with supplies such as masks and hand sanitizer. Vaccination is strongly encouraged, and may be required at some customer locations.