Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Springfield, IL 62781
Category Clinical Support
Position Type Part-Time
Performs a variety of clerical, receptionist, coordination and organization, data entry, filing, scanning, and other general office related functions. OR scheduling duties according to established procedures. Maintains interdepartmental communications and all medical and unit records.Qualifications
High School graduate.
- Basic CPR Certification.
- Minimum of five years of secretarial or clerical experience, is required. In a surgical environment is preferred.
- One year of experience that illustrates extensive computer use using Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the computer is required. (Microsoft Office, Scheduling Software, Scanning, etc.)
- Exemplary Organizational Skills.
- Ability to multi-task, and function with interruptions.
- Moderate physical effort.
- Flexible in response to change.
- Dependable, Resourceful, and Self-Motivated.
- Exhibits a creative nature, ability to adapt and modify processes.
- Exhibits outstanding customer relations skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Able to work with a variety of customers, patients, visitors, physicians, physician offices, anesthesia in a courteous manner.
- Performs secretarial/receptionist/medical record duties in the perioperative patient care delivery process.
- Demonstrates exemplary knowledge and understanding of the responsibilities necessary for performing in this role.
- Coordinates, communicates, and organizes information related to patient (visitor) arrival, screenings, and tracking of.
- Schedules and processes information accurately and clearly.
- Coordinates manages, and assumes responsibility for the unit records in an organized and efficient manner.
- Coordinates and communicates the transport of charge forms for the Billing Department.
- Expertly coordinates requests for information, and HIPAA compliance.
- Serves as a resource to unit colleagues. Coordinates and assists in the development and implementation of clerical process changes.
- Coordinates staffing and employee schedules at the front desk.
- Functions as a mentor/preceptor for observers and new employees.
- Actively pursues and promotes process changes to “raise the bar”.
- Uses appropriate interpersonal skills.
- Consistently acts and communicates in a professional manner that enhances satisfaction. Consistently responds constructively to difficult situations. Promotes team effectiveness.
- Interacts and communicates with facility personnel, office staff, physicians, and visitors in a manner that enhances and promotes positive relationships. Role models constructive verbal and non-verbal feedback to colleagues and builds cohesiveness within the unit.
- Coordinates and promotes communication throughout the unit by developing and utilizing tools and methods that are evidence-based. e. Daily Briefing, etc.
- Pursues educational and networking opportunities.
- Coordinates, organizes, and assembles unit records in an efficient and organized manner. Assumes responsibility for all unit records. Lead power-user for the following applications:
- Coordinates services to facilitate record retention processes.
- MMC; Citrix, Powerchart, MemorialNet, etc.
- OCI EHR (RDP) / Twain Scan / Allscripts PM / SRS
- Coordinates with contracted entities to maintain surgeon files.
- Coordinates with Anesthesia billing entity.
- Provides demographics and insurance billing information
- Completes QI Records & service sheets
- Ensures documents for the health record are completed and maintained (block forms)
- Develops and utilizes tools; coordinates data and data collection with staff, contracted medical staff coordinator, OSCI Director and Executive Medical Director; analyzes data; and is responsible maintaining records and reports for bi-monthly Consulting Committee Reporting.
- Specimen & Tissue Reports: Data Collection, Organization, & Detailed Reporting for peer review activities.
- Medical Staff Credentialing Files: Coordinates files with contracted entity. Organizes and maintains files as current. Initiates reports.
- Infection/Complication Survey: Coordinates with Surgeon’s office staff for data and information completion. Collects and organizes reported data. Initiates investigation for reporting and peer review activities.
- Coordinates requisition services, maintains supplies, and custom forms.
- Coordination of custom forms and special requests with the Print Shop and Public Relations areas.
- Orders, maintains, and stores office supplies for the unit.
- Assists in the unit patient care areas where skilled, in the interest of patient care.
- Assists colleagues when time allows.
- Willingness to be flexible in job assignments and responsibilities.
- When appropriate assists with patient care.
- Communicates and coordinates care between healthcare entities.
- Demonstrates awareness of unit and organizational policies that effect the delivery and practice issues.
- Participates in the development and revision of unit policies.
- Reports unusual events and participates in the investigation as necessary.
- Demonstrates awareness and utilizes facility and MMC policies.
- Contributes to the continuing education of self and others.
- Develops and implements a plan to meet identified learning needs by the staff at the front desk. Shares knowledge with peers.
- Assists others to develop and implement plans to meet identified learning needs; i.e., precepting and mentoring.
- Promotes effective and efficient functioning in the department.
- Demonstrates creativity, flexibility, and effective problem-solving techniques. Identifies and refers atypical/complex problems to the appropriate persons in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates creativity, flexibility, and effective resolution of typical/complex problems and informs appropriate persons in a timely manner. Actively participates in unit processes to meet designated goals.
- Maintains optimal department planning and workflow within the unit.Assembles and prepares accurate Medical Records for planned procedures a minimum of one week in advance.
Assembles and scans all records into the correct EHR within one week of discharge.
- Enthusiastically supports and participates in change.
- Verbally and non-verbally demonstrates a willingness to participate in organizational change. Seeks additional information to clarify perceptions regarding the changes and offers constructive feedback.
- Identifies a need for constructive change within the unit. Identifies appropriate resources and assists with the development of a plan to accomplish the change.
- Actively assumes a position of role modeling and informal leadership with colleagues and peers.
- Responsibilities to Society
- Utilizes time and resources.
- Appropriately utilizes time and resources to minimize costs of patient services. Integrates quality improvement concepts into daily practice. Actively participates in quality improvement data collection and interpretation.
- Guides colleagues and peers in appropriate utilization of time and resources.
- Maintains safety and security in the environment for patient, self, and others.
- Demonstrates compliance within the safety principles necessary to avoid/prevent injury to self/others.
- Recognizes and reports patterns of unhealthy or unsafe conditions or practices on the unit. Participates in the identification of problematic issues and contributes to problem resolution.
- Identifies and takes action to protect the integrity and security of unit records.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
Memorial Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.