Supply Chain Ops Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Evanston, IL 60201
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore is a non-for-profit organization comprised of four hospitals – Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950+ physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. NorthShore has annual revenues of $2.1 billion and employs more than 10,500 people. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We are currently seeking a Supply Chain Operations Specialist for our Supply Chain Operations MG/OS – located at the new Frank Bauer Wearhouse – 1852 Elmdale in Glenview, IL. This is a per diem position and is benefits eligible. Work hours will be 7:00 am-3:30 pm with rotating weekends.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the inventory control, PAR utilization and management, product standardization, contract compliance, and assuring the cost-effectiveness and reliability of an acquisition and distribution system for the consumable and reusable supplies for Supply Chain Specialty areas.
- Manage item master data integrity, ensure any additions or changes are within parameters outlined in working processes
- This position has operational responsibility for the successful utilization of the PAR Excellence automated point of use supply system
- Be responsible for handling complex medical supplies within but not limited to specialty departments.
- Keep accurate records
- Have a detailed understanding of the ordering process, inventory management, contract compliance, and data analysis
Our ideal candidate will have:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 3+ years’ experience with inventory management systems
- Ability to deal effectively with the demands of departmental relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively and consistently with different organization levels
- Ability to work in situations that are physically demanding
Please explore our website () to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission “to preserve and improve human life” through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Fe
Job Posting:Aug 20, 2021, 5:37:36 PM
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.