Simulation Technologist Spclst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60611
Simulation Technologist Spclst
Requisition ID 2021-15550
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Accounts for the day-to-day operation of all program simulation, medical and audiovisual equipment along with logistics and maintenance of that equipment. Assists simulation program manager and others in the day-to-day operation and strategic development of an immersive simulation environment focused on inter-professional simulation-based education.Responsibilities
1. Develops technical proficiency with all aspects of the operation, maintenance, support, troubleshooting, and repair for all equipment in order to back up technicians.
2. Supports the development of course curricula with technical knowledge of simulator and medical device, operation and procedures to ensure that curriculums are accurate and appropriate. Assists with the operation of the simulators in training sessions as needed.
3. Checks for and implements hardware and software updates provided by equipment and software suppliers.
4. Monitors equipment performance to ensure its functionality. Performs preventive and corrective maintenance of equipment according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
5. Organizes the placement of equipment and supplies in storerooms. Creates recordkeeping tools in order to track inventory location and/or level.
6. Coordinates training among users working with leadership to establish priorities and maximize operational time. Scopes out education and simulation-based projects in conjunction with program leadership.
7. Provides orientation to faculty, medical students, residents, nurses and other clinical staff in the principles of simulation training and related topics. Acts as a technical expert in simulation and provides lectures and demonstrations to professional associations.
8. Provides logistics to leadership on operational expenses, class attendance, equipment usage and maintenance for annual budget development.
9. Performs functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
10. Assists with Research Projects as needed in the department.
11. Supports hospital wide initiatives and projects.
12. Supports simulation-based programs with Outreach affiliates as needed.
1. Bachelor’s degree in related field. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered in lieu of the degree when the experience has been directly related to the functions of the job.
2. Minimum of 2 years of related experience. Prior experience as Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Certified Nursing Assistant, etc. strongly preferred.
3. Simulation Technologist Certification (SSH) preferred.
4. Basic Life Support Certification required.
5. Demonstrated technical experience in computer set up, troubleshooting and maintenance preferred.
6. Strong organizational and communication skills.
7. Ability to work on multiple projects with approaching deadlines.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.