Customer Service Representative
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
Your LinkedIn profile can be used in completing your application should you prefer not to use/have access to your resume. Take note that you will be prompted to enter your LinkedIn credentials to use this feature if not already signed in.
Your journey to building a better world starts here!WHO WE AREWe help our customers deliver products that have a profound impact on people’s lives. From ultrasound units and 3D printing to network security applications and in flight Wi-Fi, we help create products that build a better world. Now, more than ever, we are making an impact as we support products used in the fight against COVID-19.We’re a global team of over 19,000 Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Aftermarket Service experts that partner with our customers to bring their products to life through inspired innovation and world-class customer service. Whether you’re looking to start, make a change, or advance your career, find your path at Plexus and leave your mark on the world. WHY YOU WILL LOVE ITEngaging and challenging projects that fulfill and develop you. People that support and inspire you to realize your full potential. A workplace centered on collaboration and integrity. At Plexus, we’re at our best when opportunities are met with passion, open communication and teamwork. HOW YOU WILL DO IT
Purpose Statement: Responsible for Aftermarket Services customer service as initial point of contact to support on-time product delivery, inquiries, and customer visits. This position is responsible for Customer Service Excellence by handling customer requests in an efficient and timely manner.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Support customer requests, inquiries and adjustments. Responsible for generation of reports as required/requested by customer.
- Organizes and implements administrative systems and procedures performing necessary support duties.
- Responsible for customer order management activities as related to customer account needs.
- Works with appropriate team members to ensure product is received in a timely manner and moves through the respective processes to achieve customer service excellence.
- Drive and support resolution of discrepant product, drive hold items to timely resolution, monitor and manage aging product, and support shipment processing of product as required.
- Ensure Quality standards are met/exceeded at all times.
- Investigate, and support resolution of reported issues
- Support customer meetings/visits as needed.
- Communicate with Program Managers and/or Customers on status updates.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a High School diploma is required
- Less than One (1) year of related experience is required; One (1) or more years of related experience is preferred.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing processes, preferably in an electronics manufacturing environment.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be considered.
- Must be able to prioritize and work on multiple tasks and projects with some direction.
- Basic computer skills required for effective use of systems and programs.
- Ability to problem solve of limited scope utilizing standard practices and procedures.
- The work setting should consist of an office environment with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a low noise level.
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent could be asked to perform.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas. Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!