Digital Learning Designer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Springfield, IL 62781
Digital Learning Designer
Category Clerical, Administrative and Business Support
Position Type Full-Time
Provides digital learning design services to support organization learning plans using multimedia tools and platforms to address health system goals and strategies.Qualifications
Master’s degree in education, organization development, communication, healthcare administration, e-learning, or related field required.
- Association for Talent Development Improving Human Performance Certificate within two years of hire.
- Designed Learning Flawless Consulting Certification within one year of hire.
- Minimum of two years’ experience developing digital learning education.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in education, organization development, human resources or business required, including analyzing and evaluating learning programs.
- Experience in applying instructional design and adult learning principles in e-learning.
- Demonstrate assessment, consultation and excellent human relation skills to work with a broad range of people in diverse settings, both internal and external to MHS.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple projects at once, and execute learning plans from start to finish including the development, measurement and reporting of key performance indicators and outcomes.
- Demonstrate ability to gather, interpret and analyze data in order to build an effective and efficient learning plan.
- Demonstrate competency in providing feedback, drawing conclusions and providing recommendations for learning
- Advanced facilitation skills coupled with exceptional listening skills; strong oral and written communication skills; demonstrated competency in presentations, classroom and small group instruction.
- Demonstrate ability to evaluate and measure the quantitative and qualitative impact of educational initiatives to make sound, data-based decisions and show return on investment.
- Demonstrated understanding of adult learning styles and instructional methods.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer/technical skills with reporting and presentation tools utilizing Microsoft Office applications.
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills; motivation skills, demonstrate initiative and ability to self-direct and adapt.
- Demonstrates ability to provide creative and technology solutions to learning requirements.
- Demonstrates proficiency in authoring tools to develop interactive multimedia learning modules.
- Develops digital learning using multimedia tools and platforms including but not limited to -learning, micro-learning, videos, scripting, voice overs and animations.
- Partners with the customer to set expectations, define the problem and digital learning solution. Applies a systematic process for discovering and analyzing human performance gaps. Plans for future improvements in human performance gaps by designing and developing digital learning solutions to close gaps.
- Responsible for acquiring and coordinating testing process for digital learning to ensure functionality and accuracy with the learning management facilitator and organization learning team.
- Conducts needs assessments, competency assessments and gap analyses as necessary to assist in the identification of digital learning opportunities. Serves as a champion of change management through effective education to support the implementation of large scale changes within the health system.
- Designs and develops digital learning tools and creates applicable timelines for creation and implementation of tools. Ensures all offerings are appropriately documented, planned, controlled, communicated and executed.
- Analyzes and reports on key performance indicators and metrics to provide meaningful reports to understand the utilization, improvement, impact and opportunities of digital learning within the organization. Researches and documents the effectiveness of efforts and implements changes to continually improve outcomes and services offered.
- Utilizes best practice and innovative approaches to design digital learning tools. Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes recommendations to increase the quality and effectiveness of digital learning.
- Requisitions supplies and equipment as needed for learning opportunities and programs. Assists in the care and maintenance of department equipment, supplies, and the Memorial Center for Learning and Innovation.
- Serves as a thought partner and committed resource to ensure that MHS is able to develop the capabilities and capacities of our healthcare workforce to meet current and future business demands and promotes a culture of continuous learning and improvement to support the strategies and goals of Memorial Health System.
- Manages large amounts of sensitive, confidential information concerning personnel, financial, strategic, and business information contained in minutes, letters and other documents, as well as through meetings, discussions and interventions. Maintains strict confidentiality concerning all correspondence and job related activities. Develops and maintains productive relationships with System Leadership Team, leaders, and employees, to aid in MHS goal and objective accomplishment.
- Supports the overall mission and strategic direction of Memorial Health System. Ensure the vision, values, strategies and goals are embedded into learning plans and cascaded throughout the organization.
- Participates in community outreach and networking programs to support Memorial’s Center for Learning and Innovation to include conducting tours of the facilities, participating in public relations activities, and performing community service in support of Memorial Health System.
- Serves as resource person on committees, task forces, meetings and activities to assist the hospital and system achieve strategic objectives.
- Develops annual goals consistent with Memorial Health System’s Strategic Plan and Goals, and monitors the status of goal achievement utilizing 30 day action plans.
- Maintains professional affiliations as appropriate. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in education programs, current literature, in-service meetings/ seminars, and workshops.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Memorial Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.