Quality Engineer I
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bolingbrook, IL 60440
Reporting to the Quality Manager this position develops, maintains, and improves all aspects of G&W’s quality program as it relates to production operations. This includes but not limited to shop floor problem solving, root cause analysis, FMEA, NCR’s, and Control Plans. Individual will also help manage implementation of product, process, and equipment changes to existing G&W operations.
- Perform operational MRB walks and consolidate failure data.
- Getting root cause analysis and corrective/preventive actions in place while ensuring problem solving methodologies such as 8D, Six Sigma, or Red X are followed (e.g. systemic issues based on NCR data).
- Investigating first pass yield failures and implementing corrective actions to prevent same type of failure from occurring in future.
- Develop and implement cell standard work for existing, modified, and new manufactured products
- Ensuring containment activities are performed when a non-conformance is discovered to contain issue and prevent repeat issues.
- Manage process deviations / quality alerts by issuing, implementing, reviewing, approving, and implementing while G&W quality standards are maintained.
- Data analysis and recommend corrective actions.
- Working as a team member on various cross-functional High Impact Project teams.
- Reporting quality issues, performance and metrics to management and other department team members as needed.
- Working with supplier quality engineering on addressing issues found in the plant on supplied parts including sorting, inspecting parts.
- Perform problem solving to identify robust root causes and permanent corrective actions
- Communicate with engineering, suppliers, material handling, incoming inspection and operations status of issues, process improvements, or other activities as needed
- Report FPY and CSL metrics monthly. Weekly reports of main issues and projects.
- Conduct ISO 9001-based internal audits, and process audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Materials, Chemical, or Electrical Engineering.
- 0 -3 years experience
- High energy, hands on attitude
- Plant operations or issue resolution experience preferred
- PPAP, APQP, SPC, and FMEA experience
- General Office Environment, Minitab, PC use
- Basic knowledge of ERP software
- Basic GD&T and metrology knowledge.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- Light Lifting (occasional 25 lbs or less)
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
“G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor"