Application Engineer I
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bolingbrook, IL 60440
Reporting to the Application Engineering Manager, Application Engineers play a critical role within our organization. They are responsible for the interpretation of customer specifications and power requirements. The Application Engineer analyzes technical specifications and drawings to select the most appropriate G&W product for the application. Our custom engineering capabilities allow for creative solutions that allow us to satisfy nearly any application. An appreciation for deep technical knowledge of the product and application is needed to excel in this position as well as an equal balance of negotiation and relationship-building skills.
- Fully determine the technical and commercial requirements of the application.
- Select the appropriate G&W product to meet these requirements.
- Develop accurate cost models for both standard and custom equipment.
- Determine and negotiate price levels and lead times.
- Communicate these requirements to G&W’s Order Management team for engineering and manufacturing.
- Partner with Sales Team to develop and present customer sales strategies.
- Partner with customers and our engineering team to develop custom solutions that satisfy their needs.
- Manage the commercial and technical aspects of the customer.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our internal resources and Sales Team.
- Provide timely and effective verbal and written communication to our internal resources and Sales Team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (preferred) or Mechanical Engineering from a 4 year accredited college – A concentration in Power Engineering is highly desired.
- 0-3 years experience in the industry.
- Strong computer proficiency.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience with switchgear, reclosers, SF6 insulated, and dielectric insulated switches.
Physical Demands / Working Conditions:
- General Office Environment, PC use.
- Light Lifting (occasional 25 lbs or less).
G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
“G&W Electric is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor"