Operations Assembler I
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
The Assembler is responsible for assembling, repairing and testing subassemblies and parts using appropriate tools and equipment.
Education: H.S. Diploma or equivalent
A minimum of 1 year of full-time related experience as a production assembler. Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be accepted.
Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Monday through Friday, full-time with work hours designated by the Supervisor.
Team Members are required to work overtime when requested.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
• Knowledge of the principles, practices, and objectives of assembly techniques and processes.
• Experience working with hand tools such as wire cutters, wire strippers, automatic screw drivers, pliers, etc.
• Ability to work in a team atmosphere, promoting positive work relationships with both internal and external customers.
• Ability to follow directions and communicate in English verbally and in writing and to read and understand materials printed in English.
• Capacity to be self-motivated and achieve goals with minimal supervision or direction.
• Ability to follow written assembly instructions as well as verbal assembly instructions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ability to follow basic wiring instructions as provided in a wiring diagram.
• Primary responsibility is the assembly of small, medium or large lighting fixtures using
appropriate tools and equipment as per work instructions
• Perform final product testing and pack completed materials
• Disassemble fixtures if required, repair and repackage for resale.
• Understand, demonstrate, and maintain departmental electrical safety procedures
• Perform general housekeeping duties as necessary
• Must demonstrate commitment, dependability, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon
schedule as determined by manager.
• Supports and exhibits the company’s values
• Participate in twice daily ergo exercises.
Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Strength: medium (up to 0-40 lbs.)
Pinch Gripping: frequently
Manual dexterity: frequently
Must exhibit cognitive abilities to:
• solve problems by collaborating with Team Members
• focus on critical tasks as directed by the Manager
• respect the requirements and deadlines of others
• General work area is indoors, in a smoke-free environment with varied temperature and
• Exposure to noise distractions from employees or equipment operation in adjacent work
• Frequent exposure to cleaning materials. (e.g. Windex).
• Parking is provided approximately one block away from building.