Electrician / Maintenance Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Franklin Park, IL 60131
Carlisle Construction Materials is looking for an Electrician/Maintenance Technician who will plan, layout, and perform all operations pertaining to the installation, and repair of a wide variety of electrical equipment and circuitry. Install maintain, troubleshoot and repair electric motors, AC/DC drives, high voltage circuits, electrical control panels, etc. Work involves a knowledge of the electrical trade and an understanding of equipment operating principles to ensure proper function and safety.
- Certified Electrician
- Repair and maintain electric motors
- Maintain all associated equipment for the electric motors, including drives.
- Install & repair electronic equipment including sensors, control panels, temperature controllers, PLCs, etc.
- Troubleshoot electrical breakdowns
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on plant equipment
- Complete required paperwork
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities, Preferred Knowledge:
- Understanding of AC/DC current 120, 207, and 480-volt circuitry
- Familiarity with PLC’s, HMs, sensors, level controls, AC/DC drives, etc.
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- A general understanding of electrical safety principles such as lockout/tagout and NFPA70E etc.
- Ability to read maintenance manuals, works orders, PM schedules, etc. Read nameplates information to identify power disconnects, breakers, valves, etc.
- Complete work orders, PM worksheets, machine operation reports and daily work reports.
- Enter comments and generate work orders electronically using SAP/Prometheus.
Interpretation of schematics and one-line diagrams
- Ability to receive and give job instructions, participate i team problem-solving groups (Kaizens Events)
- Welding, soldering
- Operation of electrical measurements devices- multimeter, amp meter, etc.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Completion of an accredited apprentice program, technical school program, college degree in the electrical field (preferred)
- 3 to 5 years of experience as an industrial / manufacturing electrician technician.
- 40+ hours per week with overtime required as production demand and maintenance workload dictates, can work up to 60 to 72 hours a week.*