Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
Your LinkedIn profile can be used in completing your application should you prefer not to use/have access to your resume. Take note that you will be prompted to enter your LinkedIn credentials to use this feature if not already signed in.
Your journey to building a better world starts here!We are now hiring full-time, production roles to support our Manufacturing site. From ultrasound units and 3D printing to network security application and in-flight Wi-Fi, we help create products that build a better world. Now, more than ever, we are making an impact on the world as we manufacture medical devices that are used in the fight against COVID-19. Whether you’re looking to start your manufacturing career or are an experienced manufacturer, you’ll join a great team that is making a difference.
Purpose Statement: The Inline Trainer serves as a trainer and mentor to manufacturing associates and consolidates the training that the trainee has received from the technical training specialist. This individual is responsible for maintaining/managing training compliance, enforcing operational standards, and driving continuous improvement and zero defects in their assigned area. He/she also supports production during critical times as approved by their manager.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Reinforce training that has been received to ensure that the manufacturing associate is competent to perform the trained task independently on live product and understands the zero defects concept.
- Train quality, operational, technical, environmental, health, and safety standards in assigned work area and escalate any training issues to the production/group lead and technical training supervisor.
- Work closely with the production/group lead to ensure trainee meets productivity goals set for each product worked on.
- Demonstrate and train to a high standard to meet customer demands, production needs and quality requirements in assigned area.
- Demonstrate knowledge of manual and automated operations of equipment and processes following training, Assembly Build Instructions (ABIs) and/or Visual Knowledge Share (VKS) Guidebooks, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Equipment Operating Instructions (EOIs), and Work Instructions (WIs).
- Work with technical training specialists to monitor training delinquency and forecast in assigned work area to ensure that all training is current and manufacturing associates remain compliant with regard to training requirements.
- Conduct on-the-job training related to area’s core functional operations to ensure employee is competent to perform their assigned tasks.
- Perform quality surveillance checks, follow-up, and documentation of findings on a routine basis by working in conjunction with the quality team and the manufacturing management team.
- Support continuous improvement activities through collaboration with the Training Department.
- Maintain accurate time keeping, record keeping, labor tracking, and training records.
- Work closely with the technical training specialists, production/group leads, supervisor, and subject matter experts to develop manufacturing associate cross-training and support diverse customer/product range.
- Maintain manufacturing process/product knowledge by periodically supporting production.
- Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (estimated less than 1%).
- Additional duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
- 1 year of related experience is required; 2 years of related experience is preferred.
- Inline Trainer should have previous experience serving as a peer trainer or mentor and is viewed as a role model among peers.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be considered.
- Must have basic to intermediate knowledge/skills in Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Basic to intermediate knowledge/skills in Power BI, DCS, Cornerstone, Training Delinquency and Forecast Tools, ABIs, and VKS Guidebooks is preferred
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to interpret, receive direction. and apply both written and oral instructions
- Flexible to quickly adapt to learning new tasks and moving to new areas to meet changing customer demands
- Flexible and able to work overtime, nights, various shifts and weekends as required
- Has demonstrated competencies in: teamwork, professional demeanor, quality, job knowledge, communication, problem solving and lean principles, flexibility, attendance, and timeliness
- Prior experience with various manufacturing processes and equipment is a plus
- Able to utilize general manufacturing tools and equipment
- Able to alternate between sitting, standing, and/or walking for long periods of time
- Able and willing to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment as required for assigned area
- Materials worked with include, but are not limited to: isopropyl alcohol, flux, thinner, thermal compounds, solder (lead and lead free), epoxy, solder wicks, conformal coatings, and other materials as needed
- The work setting should consist of a manufacturing environment with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a moderate noise level.
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent could be asked to perform.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas. Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!