Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Rockford, IL 61108
As a Tax Manager for RSM you will be responsible for the following job duties which are focused around three core concepts (Technical & Quality Expertise, People & Talent Management, and Client Service/Business Development):
- Serve as a Career Advisor, mentor or coach to one or more employees, which will include providing honest and timely performance feedback – approximately 10- 20% of your time
- Train and develop staff members – approximately 10-20% of your time
- Provide detailed review and analysis of complex tax returns – approximately up to 35% of your time
- Work on multiple complex issues while communicating in a non-technical manner to facilitate communication between the client and the service team while managing the risk for both the client and the firm
- Serve as the Tax client service coordinator for appropriate clients
- Advise clients on a full spectrum of corporate tax services, including planning, research, compliance, and general mergers and acquisitions activities
- Reviewing research findings and ensure conclusions are consistent with firm policies and professional standards
- Assist with new business development, extended service and tax issue recognition for existing clients
- Manage corporate client needs with respect to tax services and federal and state tax compliance
- Remain up-to-date on current tax practices and changes in tax law
- Other duties as assigned
- Some travel may be required
- All percentages may vary based on location, line of business, and client need*
- BA/BS Degree – preferably in Accounting or related field of study
- CPA, JD, LLM, or EA
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Public Accounting
- Ability to work closely with clients to answer questions or to collect necessary information for tax service requirements
- Experience with one or more of the following: S-Corps, C-Corps, or Partnerships
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of tax code and technical aspects of tax preparation and compliance
- Strong technical skills in accounting and tax preparation, industry specialization a plus
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience preparing or reviewing accounting for income taxes in accordance with ASC 740’s
- Experience in dealing with international tax matters a plus
You want your next step to be the right one. You’ve worked hard to get where you are today. And now you’re ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you’ll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.