Manager - Technology Risk Consulting - Capital Mar
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60606
Our Technology Risk Consulting Managers are those seeking career growth, management, and accelerated leadership opportunities for an exciting, growing consulting practice. They are managers who appreciate the ability to aggressively pursue their career goals while being provided the opportunity to experience a rewarding work-life balance.
Our Capital Markets industry team within Technology Risk Consulting is specifically looking for a Manager with relevant financial services experience to help deliver industry specialized services. Given ample market demand for Technology Risk Consulting in the Capital Markets space, RSM is seeking an individual with relevant prior experience at organizations that include, but are not limited to, clearinghouses, exchanges, investment banks, broker-dealers, , financial technology companies, etc. Most of these organizations are subject to a consistently evolving regulatory landscape and extensive regulatory scrutiny, propelling Capital Markets to one of the largest and fastest growing industry specializations within the firm.
Our clients depend upon effective risk management, internal audit, and governance over their enterprise- wide information technology in order to achieve their business objectives. Our Risk Advisory Services Technology Risk Consulting (TRC) professionals serve complex global clients aspiring to help transform their IT risk management and assurance capabilities to be aligned to the key risks and strategies of their organization. We work with large and middle market clients across a wide variety of industries developing strong working relationships with clients built on understanding their businesses, their challenges, risks, and information technology (IT) requirements.
- Work directly with the RSM Capital Markets industry team to help deliver world-class services to existing firm financial services clients and pursue new and exciting prospects.
- Consulting with client leadership on the design and optimization of controls utilizing a general knowledge of business processes, accounting, and information technologies.Create internal control documentation for the engagement including narratives, process and data flows;
- Consulting with client leadership on strategic plans and other business matters, helping our clients to anticipate emerging risks and information technology opportunities;
- Managing SOC attestation and other third-party opinion services;
- Supporting external financial statement and SOX compliance engagements for application and information technology general computer controls assisting financial audit and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance teams in the identification of control objectives and the design of control procedures to address those objectives;
- Assessing IT security policies, procedures, and controls of our clients’ business applications, networks, operating systems, and other components of their technology infrastructure;
- Reviewing, documenting, evaluating and testing application controls, particularly automated controls on a wide range of ERP systems and software applications across a wide variety of client business processes;
- Identifying internal IT controls, assessing their design and operational effectiveness, determining risk exposures and developing remediation plans and determining technical and business impact of identified security and control issues and providing remediation guidance to clients;
- Communicating findings and recommendations to client personnel;
Helping grow RSM’s business through involvement in various business development and client sales opportunities.
- Relevant experience working with organizations that include, but are not limited to, clearinghouses, exchanges, investment banks, broker-dealers, , financial technology companies, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Five or more years of experience in business process controls and IT risk management, internal audit, IT security, or other IT compliance related work
- Experience leading engagements and managing staff; experience managing project financials and managing projects to completion within agreed upon budgets
- Experience managing people, mentoring staff, providing performance feedback, and monitoring workloads of the team while meeting stakeholder and client expectations
- Strong understanding of information technology controls and security experience in a widely used financial application (SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, etc.) is preferred
- Good understanding of relevant regulations and industry standards (e.g., FFIEC, SOX, COSO, COBIT, ITIL, ISO27001, PCI, HIPAA and GLBA) and best practices and methodologies to address these requirements.
- Ability to apply these requirements to organizational internal control frameworks
- Professional certifications including Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professionals (CISSP); Certified Information Security
- Manager (CISM) and/or Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP)
- Must be able to interpret and convey technical information to all levels of technical aptitude, including senior management. This includes written and oral communications
- Ability to articulate, write and present information in a clear and understandable manner
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities successfully within a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to travel primarily regionally
You want your next step to be the right one. You’ve worked hard to get where you are today. And now you’re ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you’ll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.