Senior Software Developer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
Summary of Position:
The Software Developer contributes to the software design and development activities for ARxIUM. Designs, documents, tests, and modifies current and new software development applications; reviews requirements documents and helps to develop solutions in order to meet these requirements; contributes to specific assignments and performs work which require application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering activities.
Will have opportunities to work on a wide range of products utilizing various technologies. Looking for someone smart, motivated, and full of new and innovative ideas to bring our products to the next generation utilizing the latest technologies. Ideal candidate can jump into a new technology stack and understand it quickly.
Willing to evaluate candidates who do not meet all listed skills but can learn quickly. If you are looking to expand your knowledge and want to join a great team please apply! This position comes with excellent opportunities for future team leadership roles.
- Designs, codes and unit tests design solutions.
- Contributes effectively as a member of the team; takes ownership of individual assignments with support from more senior Engineers as necessary.
- Provides third tier support when required.
- Participates in activities such as reviewing marketing requirements, writing and reviewing software functional specifications, and design reviews.
- Creates detailed designs, performs analyses, creates prototypes, and documents completed designs.
- Contributes to the development and achievement of ARxIUM organizational goals and objectives.
- Provides input for Software Development budgeting and scheduling.
- Provides input for Software Development software and hardware purchases.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge utilizing Microsoft .NET with a focus on C.# along with advanced concepts (multi-threading, design patterns, best practices)
- Knowledge and understanding of development principles, processes and technology including best practices
- Knowledge of physical database structures; ability to analyze, manage, tune databases for performance; knowledge of relational database concepts; disaster recovery; best practices
- Oracle and SQL Server
- Windows forms experience
- WPF experience a plus
- Web experience a plus
- Good analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions
- Good interpersonal skills and can communicate effectively with both coworkers and customers
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to use office equipment such as printers, copiers, and faxes
- Experience developing mobile applications utilizing a cross-platform framework. Xamarin preferred.
- Knowledge of best practices for mobile application design
- Full mobile application lifecycle experience a major plus
- Git source control
- Azure DevOps experience
- Project management experience
- QA or developer lead experience
- Reporting tool experience (Crystal Reports, Jaspersoft, Qlik)
- Continuous integration experience
- Basic understanding of mechanical and electrical systems
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems, networking, and cyber security
Education and Experience:
- Computer Engineering degree, Computer Science Degree, or technical college degree with relevant work experience.
- 5 or more years of software development or related experience desired
Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. now and in the future without ARxIUM sponsorship for an employment-based visa.
ARxIUM is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status or other characteristics protected by law.
If you are a job seeker and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via e-mail. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed. The dedicated voicemail and e-mail options are reserved only for applicants needing accessibility assistance or an accommodation in order to apply for a job with us. Someone will get back to you within one business day.
To request an accommodation by telephone, leave a message at 1-847-808-2600.
To request an accommodation by e-mail, send a message to email@example.com
E-Verify EEO is the Law Poster Supplement ARxIUM Policy on EEO Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision Right to work statement
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
ARxIUM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status or other characteristics protected by law.