Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Skokie, IL 60076
Tenneco’s Motorparts (DRiV) is a world leader in the international automotive aftermarket built from the combined strengths of Tenneco, Federal-Mogul and Ohlins with 31 of the best known and respected aftermarket brands, including 14 brands 100 years or older. Our colleagues throughout 25 countries around the world work as one team, driving advancements that help our customers get the most from every vehicle, every ride, every race and every journey.
We are looking for an Advanced Manufacturing Engineer to join our Skokie, IL Facility. This position will be a member of a high-performance team dedicated to the development and implementation of a manufacturing excellence road-map which drives the future of the Skokie facility. They will contribute to creating and driving a five-year rolling horizon plan to ensure advanced manufacturing concepts are incorporated, driving out complexity, cost and inefficiency while transitioning to a single piece flow manufacturing as the ideal state.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our hiring manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Identify, plan, and oversee manufacturing improvement projects to improve plant safety, quality, productivity, and reduce cost for the Skokie site.
- Define project scope and objectives.
- Develop detailed timing plans with functional milestones to support project objectives; execute plan within established timing.
- Create project financial model including capital equipment, investment return, labor and related aspects; manage project spending to established plan.
- Develop detailed project investment plans to achieve favorable ROI and manage project spend to meet plan
- Provide project updates regularly to stakeholders.
- Research and analyze best practices in manufacturing concepts and trends for applicability; stay abreast of latest manufacturing technology and leverage technology to benefit Skokie site.
- Develop and manage project schedules, cross-functional deliverable and detailed timelines.
- Engage third-party vendors to quote and source equipment and services necessary for projects.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Advanced Manufacturing or related field.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years directly relevant experience.
- Strong technical background with passion for manufacturing technology with a desire and ability to envision new manufacturing concepts.
- Proven experience and passion for Lean Manufacturing.
- Excellent project management skills including; developing and managing a project plan, establishing project priorities, working to deadlines and controlling multiple projects in various states of readiness to meet project milestones and deadlines.
- Experience in capital equipment financial model.
- Experience working in cross functional teams in a technical or manufacturing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively across all levels and channels of the organization to resolve issues and overcome barriers.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled