Senior IT Network Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Addison, IL 60101
See What We’re All About
As the fastest growing distributor of foodservice equipment parts, we like to do things a little differently. We believe our team should be like family. Not like a second cousin, twice removed, but more like the family you choose to be with every day. First, you have to demonstrate our core values and keep safety as your .#1 priority, that’s key. But we’re also looking for unique enthusiasm, high integrity, courage to embrace change…and if you know a few jokes, that puts you on the top of our list.
Do you have a genius-level knowledge of foodservice equipment parts? If not, no problem! We’re more interested in passionate people with fresh ideas from different backgrounds. That’s what keeps us at the top of our game. We’re proud that our workplace has been recognized for its growth and innovation on the Inc. 5000 list, twelve years in a row and the Crain’s Fast 50 list eight times. Plus, we were voted by our Chicagoland team as a Chicago Tribune Top Workplace in 2020.
If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, go above and beyond and put your ambition to work, all while having some fun, let’s chat – Apply Today!
- Parts Town Pride – checkout our and
- Quarterly profit sharing bonus
- Team member appreciation events and recognition programs
- Volunteer opportunities
- Casual dress code
- On-demand pay options: Access your pay as you earn it, to cover unexpected or even everyday expenses
- All the traditional benefits like health insurance, 401k/401k match, employee assistance programs and time away – don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
The Job at a Glance
The Senior IT Network Engineer(known as SeniorNetwork Ninja) works alongside the Information Technology Team to plan, coordinate, and design, manage/monitor the voice and data networks.This also includesmanaging the support for telecom and security providers.You will analyze, support, and resolve technical issuesrelated to all of thenetwork or communication technologies, along with the ability to communicate and work with both a technical and non-technical audience. This position will be part of a high performing team delivering best in class IT services to the business and our customers.
A Typical Day
- Perform the installation, configuration, maintenance, and ongoing support for theParts Town and affiliate organizations network
- Assist in researching, evaluating, recommending, and implementingnetwork infrastructure technology
- Work alongside Information Technology and external partners to develop strategies and plans to enforce highavailability for the PT WAN/LAN infrastructure
- Plan, coordinate, design, and provide ongoing support for Palo Alto firewalls and related security devices
- Provide second and third level support to IT staff with incident and problem resolution
- Monitor and tune the network for optimal performance and availability
- Provide availability and KPI reports to management on a monthly basis
- Design and perform installation, configuration, maintenance, and support of systems monitoring and performance management
- Provide input into the planning, coordination, design for disaster recovery and high availability solutions
- Work with the security team to ensure open vulnerabilities are addressed in a timely manner
To Land This Opportunity
- You have 10+ years of experience in IT supporting networking hardware (switches, routers, firewalls and wireless devices)
- You have comprehensive experience supporting Cisco IOS in the enterprise
- You demonstrate strongknowledge and working experience with maintaining and managing Microsoft protocols (DNS, WINS, DHCP, and NTP) and Microsoft cloud technologies
- You possess a thorough understanding with advanced networking concepts (TCP/IP, CIDR, VOIP, BGP, VLANS, and OSPF)
- You are able to perform risk, business impact, control, and vulnerability assessments
- You are an excellent communicator and enjoy problem solving
- You’re a multi-tasking pro and love working on multiple projects simultaneously and juggling priorities
- Bonus points if you have a Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Computer Sciences – or relevant work experience in a related field
- You have understanding of IT Operations, monitoring of devices and systems and change control procedures
About Your Future Team
Our IT team’s favorite pastimes include corny jokes, bowling, and good pizza. They like vehicles that go really fast, and coffee…a lot (they’ll hear you out on whether Dunkin or Starbucks gets your vote).
We welcome diversity and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links:
E-Verify Participation Poster:
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: |
Parts Town welcomes diversity and as an equal opportunity employer all qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.