Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60629
Environmental Restoration LLC is a provider of cost effective hazardous wastes material management and removal services. Our services include Emergency Response, Site Remediation, Environmental Construction, and Specialty Technical Services. Since 1997, we have been a remediation contractor for federal, state, local agencies and private sector clients, providing services nationwide from our St. Louis corporate headquarters and from our 24 regional offices located across the United States.
Responsible for overall management of implementing design and specifications, on assigned projects to include subcontractor and supplier work and products. The Project Engineer will be responsible for ensuring earthwork, geosynthetic materials, piping and apparatuses, and other engineered controls are installed per project drawings and client specifications. The Project Engineer with assist site Superintendents by managing field staff and subcontractors in surveying/grade control, compaction testing, stormwater management, and construction Quality Control. This person is responsible for ensuring all documentation is performed and completed and will ensure all project materials meet specification prior to acceptance for delivery. Documentation includes detailed spreadsheets for project tracking, and annotation of site progress and issues with corrective actions. Additional responsibilities include drawing and specification analysis to determine take-off volumes and material consumption calculations for project estimating.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in a field such as engineering, geology, or related field.
- Ability to read site drawings, details, and topographical maps
- Ability to understand/research project specifications, including ASTM and other industry standards for construction.
- Proficient software use in Microsoft Projects, Excel, and Word, and AutCAD Civil.
- Ability to prepare and maintain a project Gantt Chart Schedule.
- Proficient in developing and maintaining spreadsheets.
- Ability to run calculations, cross-sections, and take-off measurements from design drawings.
- 40 hr. HAZWOPER
- Nuclear moisture density gauge operator, Troxler.
- GIS Mapping Experience
- Trimble (or equivalent) grade control system use.
- USACE QCM Training
- Possess a minimum of three (3) years working experience in the construction or chemical/hazardous waste remediation industries
- OSHA 30 Hour Construction
- Experience in project documentation including reviewing documents and daily/weekly document submittal.
Environmental Restoration is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, genetic information, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, status as a protected veteran, or national origin.