Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Rockford, IL 61107
Come join the William Charles team! As a leader in heavy civil construction, rail construction, asphalt paving, general contracting, environmental construction and remediation, and electrical contracting, we connect people and places through the neighborhoods, rail facilities, and highways we build!
We are currently searching for a Senior Estimator to join our highly skilled, professionally trained team who is dedicated to helping others – and our customers – succeed in every way. Our past and our future are bridged by generations of employees who have propelled us forward with the passion and “we can do it” spirit they bring to the job each day. This position could operate out of our Rockford IL, Las Vegas, NV or Scottsdale, AZ office locations.
Senior Estimator duties include complete oversight and responsibility for cost preparation and proposal submittals. This position would be tasked with managing and leading a team of estimators, takeoff personnel and support staff on large opportunities as well as coordination and reporting with Management and Executives.
- Review, analyze and interpret contract documents for complete understanding of the work and owner deliverables to provide accurate, detailed cost estimates.
- Risk assessment analysis and identifying cost impacts.
- Effective communication and interaction with clients, engineers, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Perform and evaluate quantity and item takeoffs.
- Thinking “outside of the box” and applying strategy to the project approach.
- Perform as lead and manage project team estimators and support staff when required.
- Working in team-oriented environment and training/mentoring other estimators.
- Company representation at pre-bids and site visits.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Large scale DOT and Municipal hard bids as well as private markets including alternative delivery methods such as Design Build, CMAR, P3, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in civil construction including field and estimating assignments.
- Extensive experience in earth moving and structural/bridge construction is preferred.
Combination of equivalent education and work experience may be considered
- Highly knowledgeable in civil crew assemblies and production capabilities.
- Precise attention to details and exceptionally organized.
- Highly motivated self-starter. Must be capable managing time and prioritize opportunities efficiently.
- Limited travel will be required.
- Thrive in fast-paced environment with ability to deliver under deadlines.
- Proficient in Bid2Win or similar estimating software and exceptional Microsoft Office skills; Primavera P6, Bluebeam, AgTek and AutoCad experience is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
William Charles Construction is an EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veterans Employer