Project Controls Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Batavia, IL 60185
Position: Project Controls Specialist
Location: Batavia, IL
Job Id: 635
.# of Openings: 1
Patrick is a national engineering and design, construction, management services, and technology firm. Since 1979, we have been providing services to local, state, and federal government agencies; private and public utilities; and FORTUNE 500 companies. Having worked in all 50 states, six different countries and proven ourselves as a trusted partner, clients turn to us for the entire process of project delivery – from planning through construction to operation and maintenance. Patrick accomplishes this with a full suite of engineering disciplines, experienced construction managers, program management and project controls experts, and GIS and asset management technology specialists. We serve clients in the transportation, utility and renewable, industrial infrastructure, and federal and institutional markets. We take pride knowing the projects we work on have a positive effect on the community, society, and the environment.
We have the following position available:
Project Controls Specialist (Lisle, Batavia, Lemont)
The Project Controls Specialist is responsible for providing scheduling support on major projects in various stages of planning, design and/or construction, and for providing PM support as opportunities arise.
- Work with project managers, cost account managers, risk managers and other parties throughout the project
- Provide project earned value management reporting and forecasting
- Operate software applications based on business/system requirements, primary focus will be on Microsoft Office, and Oracle Primavera software applications
- Gather, validate, and analyze project monthly performance data
- Support project team in developing, implementing, and maintaining project controls systems
- Participate in developing and maintaining fully integrated resource loaded schedules using standard project management scheduling and earned value methodology
- Conduct risk analysis, assessments, monitoring, and maintenance
- Participate in maintaining and developing time-phased budgets, work schedules, work breakdown structures, and cost account plans
- Interface with the project’s technical staff, financial staff, project managers, and the functional managers on aspects of scheduling, cost estimating, risk, and earned value analysis
- Participate in monitoring the efforts of subcontractors
- Participate in meetings involving schedule maintenances and revisions of subcontractors
- Maintain configuration management on project documents including but not limited to: schedules, change control, management plans, and work authorization documents
- Perform variance analysis, baseline changes, and corrective actions
- Develop presentations pertaining to the project schedules, resources, and project performance
- identify problems, draw valid conclusions, and develop effective solutions to project related issues
- Process Estimate to Complete (ETC) updates
- Development, review, and update of supporting project documentation
- Work independently to complete assigned tasks, and meet deadlines
- Familiarity and competency with large programmatic schedules, the use of master schedules and coding, and complicated Work Breakdowns Structures
- Must have experience with and the ability to understand Earned Value, codes of accounts, Project Controls Roles and Responsibilities, and Change Management
- Proficient with in cost controls – comfortable with managing cost loaded schedules that are integrated with cost systems
- Strong technical written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to clearly communicate concepts and ideas
- Self-starter who can work independently or part of a multi-discipline team
- BA or BS required
- PMP or equivalent preferred
- Experience supporting the performance of scope management, planning & scheduling to include resource and procurement planning, estimating/cost management, risk management and project performance monitoring and reporting.
- Relies on very limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Will require overseeing and will not be allowed to work totally unsupervised.
Patrick does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Patrick without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of Patrick. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Policy Statement
It is the policy of Patrick Engineering Inc. (“Patrick”) to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disabilities, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, military status, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans (veterans who served during a war or in a campaign or expedition for which a badge has been authorized), and Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.
Apply for this Position
It is the policy of Patrick Engineering Inc. (“Patrick”) to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy) national origin, age, disabilities, marital status, sexual orientation, genetics military status, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans (veterans who served during a war or in a campaign or expedition for which a badge has been authorized,), and Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.