Community Services Intake Clerk
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Peoria, IL 61603
Peoria Citizens Committee for Economic Opportunity, Inc
DEPARTMENT: Community Services Block Grant
JOB TITLE: Community Services Intake Clerk
FLSA class: Non-Exempt/Full – Time
WAGE SCALE: Tier 103
REPORTS TO: Community Services Specialist
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE: At minimum a high school diploma, two (2) years’ experience in customer service/client intake, attention to detail and strong Data Entry skills are a must. Additionally, experience in determining income eligibility is preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conducts intake interviews with new or previous clients to gather necessary administrative information and assists clients in completing paperwork.
• Verifies client demographic information
• Computes and verifies family income and size
• Verified client’s hardship information
2. Promptly answer incoming calls for Community Services, identifying who we are, securing caller’s name, and getting correct information from caller if message is taken, and/or giving client assistance.
3. Responsible for the taking and processing of applications for CSBG Services
• Forwards the completed intake paperwork and supporting documents to the Community Services Specialist for approval.
4. Responsible for the data entry of CSBG applications.
• Enter service provided after approval into STARS system and create file.
5. Responsible for reading the operation materials of all office equipment
to be used by the Community Services Block Grant.
6. Responsible for assisting in the upkeep and update of forms to be used
by the Community Services and CSBG Department.
7. Assists in preparing all required internal and external reports by the due
9. Other administrative duties such as typing, faxing, composing, and filing routine correspondence and other records.
10. Maintain the assigned work area in a clean and orderly manner at all
11. Must be able to problem solve.
12. Must have and maintain a valid Illinois Driver’s license, reliable transportation and insurance coverage as required by the State of Illinois.
13. Must have proficient organizational skills with the ability to pay attention to detail.
14. Must be able to communicate clearly and accurately with a diverse group of individuals.
15. Must have strong goal setting skills and goal achievement history.
16. Must be able to multi-task and successfully prioritize workload.
17. Must have the ability to perform in a fast-paced working environment over an extended period of time.
18. Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
19. Must be honest, dependable, self-disciplined, a quick and willing learner and be able to work well as a team member.
20. Must be able to perform the essential duties of the job description.
Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious, about assignments.
Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works, to maintain constructive working relationships.
Agency Expectation of Employee
1. Adheres to Agency Policy and Procedures.
2. Acts as a role model within and outside the Agency.
3. Performs duties as workload necessitates.
4. Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
5. Communicates regularly.
6. Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
7. Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
Americans with Disability Specifications on Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ____ pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.