Equipment Maintenance Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Batavia, IL 60510
Suncast is growing! Suncast located in Batavia, IL a manufacturer of home and garden and outdoor storage products has multiple openings on multiple shifts for Equipment Maintenance Technicians.
The Equipment Maintenance Technician is fully capable in equipment maintenance and is also skilled in related trades such as sheet metal work, welding, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical systems, electronics, basic pipe fitting and mechanics. He or she is responsible for diagnosing, installing, maintaining and repairing production equipment.
- Install, maintain, and repair production equipment.
- Plan maintenance and repair procedures. This will include power, hydraulics, electric, and electronic control.
- Diagnose problems. Determine what repairs are required and determine the equipment, supplies, and skills needed to complete the repairs.
- Estimate labor required for assigned repairs.
- Requisition or make components for assigned repairs.
- Operate machine tools as required to install and repair equipment.
- Assist with the development of a preventive maintenance (PM) program.
- Suggest PM schedules for equipment and assist with implementing the plan.
- Document all work in a neat and legible manner. Ensure that all documents are kept in accordance with department procedures.
- Demonstrate good communication skills with other maintenance technicians and with production supervisors.
- Plan and install new equipment machinery, wiring, hydraulics, and fixtures.
- Perform major equipment repairs using a variety of skills including sheet metal work, welding, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical systems, electronics, basic pipe fitting, and mechanics
- Instruct one or more helpers. Train the helpers to improve their technical skills while they are under your supervision.
- Obtain licenses for use of forklift and highlift operation.
- Stay informed of new technology, methods, and materials for this position.
- Support and comply with all Suncast safety policies, quality standards, and housekeeping methods at all times. Suncast policies have been developed to ensure compliance with employee law.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Technical training in two or more of trades, such as sheet metal work, welding, electronics, pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Five years or more of equipment maintenance strongly preferred
- Ability to exercise independent judgement
- Ability to plan and arrange work day effectively
- Versatile and creative candidate strongly preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to effectively communicate to managers, supervisor, coworkers and vendors
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables and situations where limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal diagram and schedule form.
- Basic usage and knowledge of PC-based maintenance programs.