Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Montgomery, IL 60538
The APDO Operating Technician is responsible for the safe, efficient, and effective operation of equipment in VVF’s APDO operations.
Basic Minimum Requirements:
1. Ability to read and write.
2. Must pass a training program to operate equipment on packaging floor.
3. Must be able to pass the required fork truck-training program.
4. Must pass a training program to perform quality checks on the packaging floor.
5. Must be able to work any shift and overtime as needed.
1. Ability (advanced) to troubleshoot packaging equipment.
2. Familiarity with 5S program concepts.
3. Experience with packaging machinery changeover procedures and execution.
4. Experience working in a team oriented, multiple-duty environment.
Physical capability:- of moderate to heavy lifting, climbing stairs and/or ladders, climbing platforms over conveyors.
Perform a wide variety of operations, in more than one area, necessary to support the operation of the department, including, but not limited to the following:
1. Fill hoppers, monitor line performance, operate, adjust, clean, and clear jams on diversified automatic and semi-automatic production machines and related equipment as assigned.
2. Receive, move, issue and deliver, raw and finished materials or products, as well as scrap and waste materials.
3. Perform cleaning activity and fill out appropriate documentation per the department 5S program standards and Team Manager Instruction.
4. Pack, seal and hand palletize finished cases as required.
5. Unwrap boxed deodorant, re-pack, and re-introduce good product into the lines. Dumps salvageable concentrate or packaged units.
6. Perform BHR quality and process checks per department BHR quality protocol.
7. Start up, operate, and shut down processes in accordance with Team Manager or operational instruction, JSA’s, etc.
8. Perform housekeeping, quality, safety, and behavioral based safety audits as assigned.
9. Identify and implement operational improvements.
10. Assist, support, participate, and execute equipment changeovers and start-ups.
11. Perform general manual labor work.
12. Perform all duties in a safe manner, utilizing safety practices and procedures required by VVF and applicable law (e.g. OSHA, etc.), personal protective equipment, and reporting procedures. Review all pertinent safety material before conducting new assignments.
13. Work as part of a multi-skilled team to resolve any operational problems.
14. Ensure GMP and FDA compliance by maintaining a safe, clean and orderly work area, and by completing all appropriate documentation correctly.
15. Comply with Lock-out/Tag-out (LO/TO) procedures to assure safe isolation of power sources.
16. Monitor and report unusual occurrences to management.
17. Train other employees as required.
18. Maintain skills training as required by VVF, regulations and permits.
19. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management. No task or duty is exclusive to a classification or skillset. An employee working in this classification is expected to perform various duties and tasks that traditionally may not have been assigned under a narrower job classification.
The above statements shall not be construed as a complete description of all the work requirements.
VVF is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, including the perception that a person has any of those characteristics or that the person is associated with a person who has, or is perceived to have, any of those characteristics, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable law. VVF is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, call Human Resources at (630) 892-4381 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.