Maintenance Technician Maintenance Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Plainfield, IL 60544
Join the Logoplaste Team and receive SIGN-ON BONUS and INCENTIVES!
$500 SIGN-ON BONUS
PLUS, excellent benefits!
Logoplaste is currently seeking to recruit a Maintenance Technician, to join the plant team in Plainfield, IL (USA).
Reporting to: Plant Manager
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for managing mechanical reliability for the plant. Supports the Plant and Production Manager with all aspects of mechanical maintenance.
Key Tasks &Activities…
- Changeover, repair and troubleshoot all plant production equipment (injection molding)
- Support of equipment installation, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications
- Identification of complex problems with mechanical, pneumatic, electrical,hydraulic issues on all associated equipment (conveyors, compressors, chillers,programmable controllers, robots); review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Able to understand and complete PM’s based on PM schedules
- Understanding of machine processing and recipe management
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed
- Identification of the appropriate tools and equipment needed to complete the job
- Assist with the organization and definition of maintenance/equipment standards
- Responsive to maintenance requests in a timely manner and complete maintenance reports as required
- Maintain plant equipment to ensure maximum efficiency
- Ability to work with vendors and/or contractors as required
- Order spare parts or services as required
- Make required changes or adjustments as required
- Implement operational improvements (spoilage, downtime, line speeds, etc.)
- Train others to operate equipment and produce products safely and efficiently
- Observes all company safety policies and procedures as well as maintain good housekeeping, GMP and Global Food Safety practices
- Update SAP PM entries on computer as required
- Maintain organization of spare parts
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager
- Complete special projects and duties as assigned
Who we are looking for…
Background and Experience
- Minimum High School Diploma (or GED/High School Certification); prefer Technical School Certification
- 3-5 years relevant manufacturing experience in plastics technology or asimilar technical area
- Previous leadership/supervisory experience preferred
- Strong mechanical maintenance experience and strong knowledge hand and power tools
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Good working knowledge of computer systems, including MS Office and SAP
- Ability to clearly communicate technical system issues
- Good “hands on” working approach
- Able to work independently, identify problems and improve
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and work well under pressure
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and complete in a timely manner with limited supervision
Physical requirements and work environment
- Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours and weekends as business demands
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for various times throughout the shift, to move or traverse in manufacturing area safely, to ascend/descend a ladder or stairs, to position self to work on manufacturing equipment
- Ability to see information postings throughout the facility, visually troubleshoot items on machinery and read directions, documents and signage
- Ability to frequently move object weighing up to 50-75 pounds and to work in very hot or very cold conditions.
- Ability to drive a fork lift and achieve certification
Logoplaste offers an excellent benefits package with genuine career development opportunities.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $26.73 per hour